One source for three amps?
Jul 18, 2009 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

S Smith

Head-Fier
I have a Cambridge 840c which I use primarily with my Woo WA6SE. I also have a 2 channel speaker amp and a DV 336SE which are currently not used. I would like to be able to use all three amps (not at the same time) with the Cambridge with out having to move cables around every time.

I am looking for a relatively cheap ($100-200??) solution that does not compromise SQ. If this kind of set up is not possible at this price range, please let me know what range will be more realistic.

Thanks!

edit: I guess what I am really asking for is a recommendation for a switch box.... I've only looked at the MAD LR-1.

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi there, you have a couple of options. First is for you to find out if your 2 channel speaker amp has a tape loop. If yes use the output of the tape loop to feed your DV336A. The DV336A has a line out which you use to feed the Woo WA6SE.

If your 2 channel speaker amp does not have a tape loop buy an RCA splitter (about $25) and connect it to the RCA output of the 840C. Use one RCA to feed the 2 channel stereo and the other to the DV336SE, and use the other set of RCA's out of the splitter to feed your Woo WA6SE. Good luck.

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 4
I had considered this but was trying to avoid both RCA spliters and running the signal through all of my equipment. With tubes that is a lot of heat and electricity. Thank you regardless.

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 4
I like the Radio Shack switchboxes for about $20.

No, they don't degrade your sound. They might not be Hi-Fi Hi-Fashion, but they work as advertised. You really don't have to spend into the hundreds for parts that work.

I'd recommend trying one - if you don't like it, Radio Shack has a return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back