One giant leap for grado = SR-60 to RS-1
Sep 8, 2007 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Inzane

100+ Head-Fier
Biting the bullet and finally taking the huge step from my SR-60's to RS-1 and never worry about upgrading again. Ive been reading reviews and questions recently for 225, RS-2's, and 80's to get an idea of how much of an improvement they would make over the 60's but theres always that someone that brings up the RS-1 and talks about how they would leave the rest in the dust. Im so tired of reading about how the RS-1's are so great that I just decided to get it over with and never come back here again.

Hopefully I will receive some redesigns.

Question to those who have them and have listened to the 60's will there really be a night and day improvement?

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 26
Congrats. Definate improvement, better resolution,quicker,better bass,on and on and on.

IMO a warmer sounding Grado.

Enjoy.

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #4 of 26
Thanks! hopefully these cans live up to there rave reviews and last me alot of years, now instead of looking for reviews I can get back to listening to music.

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #5 of 26
Treasure them.
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 26
Yes, most definitely.

Source and amp up and the difference is even more dramatic. The GS1000 is too different a sound for me to consider it a step up from the RS1.

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #7 of 26
Congratulations! I've been considering taking this leap myself... however I don't currently own any Grados, but I have experienced them...

Sep 8, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #8 of 26
I've owned the SR-60 and both the MS-Pro and RS-1 and can say that the difference between the SR-60 and the wooden Grados is HUGE. In fact, I think that even the SR225 is a big step down from the RS-1/MS-Pro.

In addition to the MUCH better sound, the SR-60 will look and feel extremely cheap once you get your RS-1's.
icon10.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 9:15 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inzane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im so tired of reading about how the RS-1's are so great that I just decided to get it over with and never come back here again.

Smart decision!
Take them, run and never look back...
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 11:54 AM Post #12 of 26
Well I did the "stupid" route to this exact end

SR60 then SR80, SR325i and this very morning the postie delivered a S/H set of RS1's

I would say that there is massive difference from the 60 to say the 225 and above (certainly the 325i)

Thereafter differences as you would expect start to tail off

back to the listening ...... more thoughts later

Sep 8, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #13 of 26
what music do you listen to?

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by judas391 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what music do you listen to?

Mostly classical and electronica, I read that the RS-1's can keep up with all kinds of genres in music and could really smooth and warm up those bright complex compositions, just what I wanted.
rs1smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapzoo
I am contemplating a jump from the SR-80 to a woody and would love to hear your comments after you have had a chance to listen to your new RS-1.

Will do rapzoo, simply for the fact that I have been in your position for far too long and always wondered how the woodies would sound. I will definitely tell you if it was worth the leap over the SR-60's.

Thanks for the great posts everyone! I now play the waiting game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back