One Genre for the Rest of Your Life...What Would It Be?
Jan 30, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #31 of 51
There's so much variety within the metal genre that I would never need to listen to anything else.

Jan 31, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #36 of 51
Post-Rock (Sigur Ros, Explosions in the sky, M83, This will destroy you...)

Jan 31, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #38 of 51
Hm, interesting question. As much as I love Bob Dylan and These Arms Are Snakes (which could fall under rock) I would have to say electronic.

More specifically electronica, and more specifically than that micro-house/minimalist electronica along the lines of the record label Kompakt.

I love We Are Monster by Isolee and Kosi Comes Around by DJ Koze to give it up... hopefully I would be able to find other stuff as good, but I really think those two albums would be enough for quite some time.

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #39 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's so much variety within the metal genre that I would never need to listen to anything else.

*shudders* I've never really been a metal head.

I think I would choose post rock. It can be pretty hard and really relaxed depending on the album. Plus very few vocals to get annoying if listened to over and over.

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #40 of 51
Prog Rock

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #42 of 51
Classical for it's pure beauty for the most part. Acoustic for the most part in second place.

Jan 31, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #43 of 51
For the rest of my life? Gonna have to go with New Age/Ambient/Space (or is that really three genres?). I wouldn't mind punching out to some nice Constance Demby sacred space side. Sorta like the way Edward G. Robinson did in Soylent Green, but without getting turned into a cracker.

Jan 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #45 of 51
Alternative.

[size=xx-small]ok.. so i admit i cheated
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back