On the other hand... Caveats of Portable Audio.
May 20, 2013 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

atty101

100+ Head-Fier
I thought this thread might be helpful for first time buyers and those of us on the verge of making a larger than average purchase. A lot of times in review and appreciation threads the good outweighs the bad to such an extent that it borders on hype. I'm not pointing any fingers at any threads in particular--that's not what this is about--I just thought it might be helpful if we focused on the not-so-great aspects of some of the gear that gets trumped up around here. 

With that in mind, here are the rules:

1. Let's be nice to each other
2. We're talking about caveats here, we're not bashing gear
3. We're also not here to sing their praises from the rooftops
4. IT MUST BE GEAR THAT YOU OWN OR HAVE OWNED

Think about it like this. "I love product X, but it would be even better if they'd just ____________.

Take it away, gentlemen.

May 24, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
4. IT MUST BE GEAR THAT YOU'VE OWNED OR HAVE OWNED

So gear that I currently own is off the table then? 
wink.gif

May 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 8
I think he meant "Gear you own, or have owned" - so no caveats on equipment you do not have direct experience with. No hearsay.

EDIT: Seeing your emoji - I am sure you already knew that - lol.

I'll begin....

Sennheiser IE8 - I wish they put just one tip in that damned box that I could use. Also the silver IEM box is pretty useless.

May 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
EDIT: Seeing your emoji - I am sure you already knew that - lol.

smile.gif
  Okay, here's one...

Listen up Grado, if you're gonna charge me $300 for the GR8, you might SERIOUSLY want to think about including some kind of protective storage.  There is no hard case, no soft case, no drawstring sack.  Hell, there isn't even a plastic dime baggie for them.  Even Skullcandy throws in a cheap nylon sack sown by the teeth of Chinese political prisoners.  Hurry up and get with the program yeah fellas?

May 25, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Quote:
So gear that I currently own is off the table then? 
wink.gif

Absolutely. If you currently own it, I don't want to hear anything about it. Nothing. I stand by my original post. How about that, smart ass?

biggrin.gif
  Too late!

Quote:
EDIT: Okay, okay I changed it. Sorry...
4. IT MUST BE GEAR THAT YOU'VE OWN OR HAVE OWNED

No worries, but um, okay, if you say so! 
wink.gif

May 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back