On a search for high end headphones V-MODA M-100? Senn. Momentums? ATH M-50x?
Jan 30, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #16 of 27
My point isn't to look for budget headphones, it's to get the best bang for buck in the higher end headphones. Those Onkyo's being on ear rules them out, I didn't realize that. I'm pretty positive on the M-100's right now. 

I have some Sennheiser HD428 that I use for recording and mixing, maybe those are more flat response than the M-100's. M-100's will be more enjoyable for music for sure.

Jan 30, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #17 of 27
The FC300 isn't realky on ear, at least not for me (though they aren't over ear either). I'm sure you'd like the M100, but I'll just tell you the FC300 sounds better imo and is more comfortable.

The ATH WS99 should be considered also.

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #18 of 27

The M-100's are still double the price as the FC300, they're just both available to me for cheaper than retail. I wish my store had these to try out :frowning2:

Just go to your nearest BrookStone or Microsoft Store for the M-100 demo.

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #20 of 27
I currently own the M-100's, and enjoy them a lot.

They are extremely durable, and feel that way. They are all metal, all the way around. I would never have to baby them.

I won't bother with a long, 100% accurate post, but I like them. They come with a great case and two cables, look nice, and are quite comfy. Not to mention the sound blocking...

I would definitely recommend them if you are considering purchasing them.

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #21 of 27
How could you not buy a headphone  (m100) that allows you to get THIS laser etched into the side of it??!?! I told the guys at work if they each pitch in 5 bucks I would get a pair of shields with dick butt on it... Dick butt is a favorite around our office. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #22 of 27
I've always considered the M50s hugely overrated. They tend to be the first semi-decent headphones people buy so they always get gushing reviews from people who haven't compared them with anything decent.

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #23 of 27
I've always considered the M50s hugely overrated. They tend to be the first semi-decent headphones people buy so they always get gushing reviews from people who haven't compared them with anything decent.

+1

And then those same folks will spend another $200 buying amps and DACs to try to "improve" the M50. They would have been much better off buying a different headphone to start with.

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #25 of 27
I owned all of the cans mentioned from orig post n imo the momentums r just really nice for all types of music as well as movies very  clear n non fatiguing , great sound, very light, great build quality and just a very good looking headphone I grabbed them on amazon for $228 worth evry pennie good luck ..

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #27 of 27
Just pre-ordered my M50x from Amazon, so when it is out I will have all 3 and hopefully able to directly compare all 3 of them first hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back