OMG! OMG! I'm excited ...
Apr 13, 2006 at 1:20 AM Post #32 of 62
There were many type connectors for I2S signal, like North Star they use network connectors.

With my understand, I2S is more clean digital signal.

You may saw they with CDPRO2 modules.

I'll get the chassis from Novas, will finish my DAC1794.
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #34 of 62
Thanks for correcting, I was confused because I read a few threads mentionning that USB implementation of current DACs did not use I2S tech so..
Did you try the I2S connection?
Anyway, I m eaerly awaiting some impressions

Apr 13, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #35 of 62
That's possible!!! I've bought a USB receiver before(Also design from Taiwan, By a-jen), they can transfer I2S signal.

If put the usb receiver in the dac, could be use USB with DAC 1794.

Apr 14, 2006 at 8:44 AM Post #38 of 62
Here we go! http://bbs.audiohall.net/viewtopic.php?t=1162&start=0

This USB receiver can provide I2S out, then DAC1794 receives I2S signal.

This is the way to do. (Sorry, I didn't put them together. But it works with Shark DAC, Shark can receive I2S signal.)(DAC 1794 and the USB was not the same designer.)

Why USB only? you may use sound card's digi-out, and connect to DAC.

Apr 14, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #40 of 62
Well Cronstead

When are we going to find out what this bad boy sounds like?You don't say where u live at ,but if your in usa,ga i could swing by for a listen
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #41 of 62
Sorry for the delayed, I've been enjoying the system too much.
icon10.gif
This is what I found so far:

It's very detailed, HF are very refined - no sibilance nor edginess, the bass is also very good - goes deep down and impactfull, soundstage goes wide and deep - not just on x and y axis but fills gaps between x and y axis as well, and sound separation is darn good.

For example, listening to Dadawa's Sister Drum, in particular the tifas and "Tibetians' trumpet", will literally shake your head with very low bass (the trumpet) or very impat bass (the tifas)!
basshead.gif

While listening to The Corrs, the instruments are located and separated nicely. It seems very accurate to me (I know it because the audio was demuxed from the DVD - The Corrs MTV Unplugged). The strings (guitars, violins), vocals, percusions are nicely defined and sound very real to me.

Overall, it is a very musical product, and well balanced through out the frequencies.

But please don't take it as final judgement yet, as the RCA that I'm using between DAC and my amp is Furutech SA-162, which I believe it's the bottleneck in the system. And since all this stuffs are very subjective (as we all know), so please take it with grain, and salt and remember YMMV!
wink.gif

Btw, the system is: Emu 1212m->DAC1794->GS1->HD650 with Blue Dragon V2/K701.

Apr 16, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #43 of 62
Highs and mids are very good to my ears.
icon10.gif

Quote:

HF are very refined - no sibilance nor edginess
The strings (guitars, violins), vocals, percusions are nicely defined and sound very real to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back