OMG! OMG! I'm excited ...
Apr 3, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #18 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by TigzStudio
Dang with that much stuff inside... and its Chinese.... way more ability for something to go wrong.

I would trust that parasound WAY more.

Says the guy with two Chinese dacs.
tongue.gif

Something that well designed clearly isn't just some crappy "made in china" affair.

Apr 3, 2006 at 9:53 PM Post #19 of 62
Looks very cool... would match an eastsound cd player nicely due to the similar styling.
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 62
I love my chinese dacs, but I dont know about paying 2k for one. not in this lifetime

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #23 of 62
A Taiwanese DAC eh? I've been wondering quite a while where the Taiwanese products were among the sea of recent Chinese DACs. Quality of Taiwanese audio electronics are top-notch, perhaps even better than American products in many cases considering most of your volatile computer electronics are designed/manufacturered in Taiwan. But I'm not here to participate in a heated discussion of build qualities.

Elephas, is this one of the more noteworthy or well-known products out on the Taiwanese market right now?

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:06 AM Post #24 of 62
Er, I don't know how well-known it is. The market here seems to be fragmented, with name brands and imports on one side and DIY-type designs on the other.

I used to own an Mhdt Lab Dialogue II DAC, made by a builder in Taiwan, and I don't think they are well-known or very popular here. I also consider my Moodlab DACs made by a Hong Kong-based builder "DIY-type" products, which are generally not very well-known.

Apr 12, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #25 of 62
Yes!! It's finally arrived!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Look n feel:
- Build quality is top notch.
- Much heavier than I thought when unpacked it.

Quick testing shows:
- No pop sound at all while the unit is turned on.
- No weird sound when changing sample rate.

Sound impressions will follow up.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back