OMG I'm no longer 100% at Ebay
Apr 27, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #16 of 44
I had a... bizzare... incident with a power seller back in the early days of ebay - before "power seller" was a term. I used Ebay quite a bit when it was a beta replacement for Auction Web (how many people remember that site?
smily_headphones1.gif
), before the morons piled on who bid higher than retail. It was also before the ranking system had feedback options and whatnot. It irks me that despite the fact that I very rarely ever use ebay, I have that one negative feedback from '97 damaging my rank, that I can't really do anything about. I haven't ran into a seller yet that has been concerned about it though.

Apr 27, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #17 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
Don't worry so much about it. I've received one retaliatory negative feedback after the seller tried to scam me with a broken Rio Karma. If you word your feedback carefully, others will be able to tell who is telling the truth and who is not. That said, I think you should try contacting Agent 18. I'm sure they'd be really interested to hear that someone is trying to pawn off a cheap case as their own.

I agree..and had similar experience with my only negative..I was like at 5 or 6, and paid the guy, said was coming and never did..never credited me or emailed (checked spam folder etc, nothing)
leaves fb difficult to work with..this was years ago, I think 02 or 03,
..and gave me the "oh well I suck" attitude for like six months and was genuinely upset, this until the RED 1 went away in the fb profile..
etysmile.gif

Apr 27, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #18 of 44
I popped a courtesy email to Agent 18, I hope they like the way I used the terms 'a gent' and 'clearly' injected in my public spirited way of pointing out that their brand name is being abused.

I have only bought from Ebay and have no real intention of selling there so the feedback does not worry me and I doubt if he offered to mutually withdraw that I woudl let him off. Let the world see his folly - or should I say a few potential buyers
biggrin.gif

Me exaggerate! I've told you a thousand times that I don't.
tongue.gif

Apr 27, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #19 of 44
Yeah, you know, you do need to report this whole thing to the company that makes Agent 18. This is really their business, given the larger volume of these I see this guy selling in his feedback. And you weren't even the first to complain about it being fake!

The worst one is where someone goes "THIS IS NOT LEATHER" and the jerk's only retaliation is "What else would you call the skin of a cow?" Jesus, he must be 10 or something.

Apr 27, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #20 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Yeah, you know, you do need to report this whole thing to the company that makes Agent 18. This is really their business, given the larger volume of these I see this guy selling in his feedback. And you weren't even the first to complain about it being fake!

The worst one is where someone goes "THIS IS NOT LEATHER" and the jerk's only retaliation is "What else would you call the skin of a cow?" Jesus, he must be 10 or something.

Reported and the lads in the ofiice had a laugh or two at his comments in feedback.

I think you are also insulting 10 year olds
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #21 of 44
holy crap... 133 negative feedbacks in 6 months? Thats VERY poor IMHO, almost one negative per day.

What were you thinking? ... giving this seller your business?
IMHO the # of negatives per given time is often more important than the overall percentage.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that negative feedbacks are ONLY posted by those Ebay users so peeved that they are willing to risk the negative in retaliation. If EVERYONE who felt remotely unhappy with their transaction posted negative FB, his percentage would be lot less. This is especially true with bulk sellers dumping thousands of cheap items. Most people simply dont want to deal with neg FB on a cheap item.

Apr 27, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
Reported and the lads in the ofiice had a laugh or two at his comments in feedback.

I think you are also insulting 10 year olds
biggrin.gif

Cool, you reported it to that company? What did they say? Is sweet vengance yours!?

Apr 27, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #23 of 44
I'm still 100% with about 150 rated transactions, but I tend to forget what I've ordered since everything is shipped to my Florida address and by the time I get there I have a pile of CD's (and various other things) waiting for me. Then, after taking them home and sifting through it all, I'll say, "Hey wait! What about that Elvis Costello box set?" But by the time I figure out that I've been scammed out of $80, the 3 months has expired and it's too late to give feedback. This has happened a couple of times, so I suppose that ignorance is bliss.

I agree with your premise. The minute you complain to a seller who has indeed ripped you off (in one way or another), he will play dirty with the feedback even though you sent the funds by PayPal within 1 minute of clicking on "Buy It Now". How much better could you be as a buyer?

Apr 27, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #24 of 44
This guy is jam packed full of couth...
eek.gif
not really..
(dumbing myself down a bit -not a far stretch for me )
... I asked the guy about the recent fb experience and basically that I was an interested buyer, and wanted to know about the recent neg fb remarks he had, in partic..this incident..here it went...

my Original question to this seller..

"wow, was seeing your comment here on recent transaction, what happened? was thinking of purchasing but saw all kinds of negative feedback??? Can you please speak to below feedback, and why you utilized profanity and slang in the feedback tool per ebay message system?
Just curious as the title clearly states AGENT 18 CASE...yet the picture is not the same?? It seems like there is a simple error in the description, but if so why the feedback and bad experience?
Just curious, and liked some of your products, please advise,
Thanks much
Soak.
(here is the fb I am referring to, cheers)
avoid this bidder at all cost got item and still leaves negative, wth? damn noob
Seller 5280_accessories ( 2889) 27-Apr-06 06:53 9714680468
Reply by steveauction999: Not Agent 18 case as stated - this seller is rude, a liar & Ebay informed. 27-Apr-06 10:24
"

seller response...

"what can i say i refused to deal with idiots. enough said."

my response back as the prospective/interested buyer..

"W-O-W.

I think we're done here.
Thanks/cheers

SOAK.
"

CONCLUSION: What a tool.

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #25 of 44
That seller really has poor feedback record and seems to be very rude. Even with the amount of transactions he did in the past the the amount and frequency of his negative feedback is a sure sign to steer clear of this idiot. Sorry to hear what had happend but I too would have left negative feedback and report him to Ebay and Agent 18.

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #26 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
I'll check feedback a bit more next time and hope this does not ruin the rest of my life, after all I'm no longer 100% at Ebay how does anyone live with such a stigma!!!

get over it... Its just ebay after all, and I don't see one negative feedback will ruin your life and put you in despair and misery forever...

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #27 of 44
Usually people will know that eventually a bad apple or two will leave negative feedback so don't worry about it.Now as it was said before you can reply to the negative feeback he sent you but you can only give out a short explanation.

Apr 27, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
get over it... Its just ebay after all, and I don't see one negative feedback will ruin your life and put you in despair and misery forever...

Perhaps I should have made it clearer, my comments about despair and misery is 'irony' and not meant to be taken literally.

Apr 27, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #29 of 44
I had a situtation like this.

I ordered a refurbed 300 disc DVD changer a few years ago... DOA. I politely mentioned this to the seller, who obviously had a terrible command of English trying to say the same thing "you scam! no returns!". I threatened with neg feedback and he did the same. He was a powerseller with like 5000 transactions, I had about 30. My feedback pristine, his was in the high 90s. So one little neg didn't really cramp his style... but mine?

I didn't leave feedback. Took the device to an electronics repair shop, paid $150. Basically could have gotten a new unit w/ warranty for the same price.

I guess the only problem is, and maybe there aren't so many of these around today, but I distinctly recall auctions which wouldn't take bids from bidders with any negative feedback. Talk about an imperfect system.

Apr 27, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #30 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobeau
I guess the only problem is, and maybe there aren't so many of these around today, but I distinctly recall auctions which wouldn't take bids from bidders with any negative feedback. Talk about an imperfect system.

Yes, that was very common in the early days. Won't fly anymore because of situations like this.

Read the feedback and use your brain, that's all you can do
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back