Omega II's. How I love them!
post-779038
Post #1 of 27

TrevorNetwork

TrevorNetwork - Canadian Group Buy Coordinator
Reaction score
I sitting here listening to Norah Jones, and grinning like the cat that ate the canary. How the heck can audio sound so good? I just can't believe it. Her voice is incredible. It is -so- perfect. I'm just blown away. I just received the Omega II's on Wednesday, and am -addicted- to the sound. I always want to listen to them. I sit at work thinking "I just want to get back home, and listen to the damn cans!" They are incredibly comfortable on my head and not fatiguing at all. I just sit here with a big grin, and that "oh my God my first kiss" feeling. Hard to explain, but I've never felt like this with any toy. Mind you my girlfriend (soon to be fiancee, but <shhhhhh!>) still gives me that feeling! To all those thinking about going electrostatic, for the love of God consider the Omega II's. There's nothing like them. They are fine chocolate for the ears.
To those coming over on the 8th... you're in for a treat if you've never heard the Omega II's.

Trevor

post-779049
Post #2 of 27

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
Reaction score
Welcome to the club Trevor. These are truly the most amazing cans I have ever heard. They do it all with the right equipment, and when you get into a KGSS or Weebl it just keeps getting better.

Enjoy the tunes man!

post-779060
Post #3 of 27

nanahachi

Head-Fi FAQ(s) Volunteer
Reaction score
you guys are making me very jealous

post-779069
Post #4 of 27

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
Welcome to the club Trevor. These are truly the most amazing cans I have ever heard. They do it all with the right equipment, and when you get into a KGSS or Weebl it just keeps getting better.

Enjoy the tunes man!

There is a dark side to your character, Doug...
I'm most curious to put on a set of those, too!! ...but I can't....sniff...blubber...sniff...'cause mummy..sniff....won't let me....blubber
Well, actually, I just have to be disciplined and wait a while, but Omegas are definately on my "craving" list

post-779072
Post #5 of 27

ServinginEcuador

Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
There is a dark side to your character, Doug...

To quote MarkL's witty comment, "It's expensive to PM me." I don't try to encourage people to spend money, it just comes naturally.

post-779090
Post #6 of 27

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Reaction score
Quote:

To quote MarkL's witty comment, "It's expensive to PM me." I don't try to encourage people to spend money, it just comes naturally.

LOL! Hey, Doug, I must be catching you latenight surfing each morning when I get up and read the posts here. It's 9.30am now and I often post a couple of messages btween 8.30 and 9.30 am and notice that you're here, too. We are creatures of habit

post-779676
Post #7 of 27

marios_mar

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I have the Lamda Professional electrostatic earspeakers.

After some time of ownership it gets harder and harder to listen to the Sennheisers. Its the "once you go electrostatics you can't go back" thing I guess.

I've been thinking if the Omegas would be a great upgrade from the Lambdas and I really am curious of how much difference it would make. In other words I tend to believe the difference wont be as huge as dynamics such as Senn HD600 vs electrostatics.

And I still dont know if the K1000 gives the electrostatic detail while retaining the "dynamic" virtues.

Tell me somethings about the Omega's soundstage and bass pls.

post-779694
Post #8 of 27

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar
I have the Lamda Professional electrostatic earspeakers.

After some time of ownership it gets harder and harder to listen to the Sennheisers. Its the "once you go electrostatics you can't go back" thing I guess.

I've been thinking if the Omegas would be a great upgrade from the Lambdas and I really am curious of how much difference it would make. In other words I tend to believe the difference wont be as huge as dynamics such as Senn HD600 vs electrostatics.

And I still dont know if the K1000 gives the electrostatic detail while retaining the "dynamic" virtues.

Tell me somethings about the Omega's soundstage and bass pls.

From what I remember the K1000's do not sound as good as any Stax headphone but more like the 501 but with better everything, but still light on the bass

post-779801
Post #9 of 27

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
Reaction score
marios_mar said:
And I still dont know if the K1000 gives the electrostatic detail while retaining the "dynamic" virtues.QUOTE]

Well detail is still a function of source, cables, power conditioning, etc. You can get a crazy amount of detail from K1000 or the electrostatics. It just depends on everything before it. K1000 is hardest headphone to match in my opinion. It's hard to compare them to electrostatics since they dont' even use the same amps.

post-779808
Post #10 of 27

Norbert

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I just got back from the Chicago meet. I camped out with the Omega II's with the KGSS plugged into a high end Meridian cdp. I'm speechless! Ok, not really, I have a lot to say about this combo. First of all, I was expecting weak bass because of their reputation. Wrong! The bass was fabulous and very much present. These are silky smooth phones. Now the Meridian was also plugged into a blockhead with RS-1's with balanced cables. This was an impressive combo, but I kept returning to the Omega's. However, even though the bass is very much there with them, the RS-1's do have more bass "slam"--as has been amply discussed.

Also, the omega's are just plain beautiful looking phones with the smooth leather cups and headband, and the gold grills. Top notch!

post-779824
Post #11 of 27

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
Reaction score
I still hate the *** brown color of the Omega II's leather.

The newer ones are Black leather, though, right?

-Ed

post-779842
Post #12 of 27

lan

Videographus Supremus:Makes audio cables using super-advanced materials, like "some clear tape" and "some not so clear tape."
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbert
I just got back from the Chicago meet.

oooh ooh! it's over? I cant wait to hear impressions and see pics.

post-780357
Post #13 of 27

ServinginEcuador

Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbert
I just got back from the Chicago meet. I camped out with the Omega II's with the KGSS plugged into a high end Meridian cdp. I'm speechless!

The few extras on that KGSS really made the difference. The choke filter on the power supply was the biggest change in it. This one also has two large Bybee Quantum Purifiers on the incoming AC lines. Don't know if the Bybees made a difference, but I gotta admit that this KGSS is simply incredible.

Glad to hear you liked the KGSS so much. It powers the Omega IIs quite readily. Now I'm getting anxious to hear how the Weebl sounds with the Omega II.

post-780635
Post #14 of 27

kevin gilmore

Señor Stax. Señor MAXX.
Can Jam '10 Organizer
Reaction score
Bybee's are some of the worst psuedo science i've ever seen.
But worse is that they contain mischmetal which when combined
with moisture from the air generates hydrogen gas and that combined
with the high voltages inside the unit can lead to a rather serious
explosion.

In short a really bad idea.

post-780832
Post #15 of 27

minya

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

The few extras on that KGSS really made the difference.

Can you quantify this statement some more, Doug? Have you heard a non-modified KGSS to explain the differences?

- Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)