Omega II's. How I love them!
Apr 25, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #16 of 27
I've seen this reaction before.

The real question: how long before it's not good enough?

The next next amp, the next cables etc. You've gone through gear like a fat girl goes through hairstyles.

This hobby is a reflection of our inability to ever satisfy our endless wants in life.

I'll have a medal for you if you can write a similar message three months from now, about how great your Omegas are.

Yes, this is a challenge.

Apr 25, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #17 of 27
About the colors,

The set we had were from Headroom and they are brown(which I happen to like best) my own personal phones are a darker brown(not black) that still looks and feels very nice.

I decided as part of my upcoming review of the Omega II/KGSS phone to seek some outside help. My good friend Reginald Bey, a gifted pianist, session musician,music educator and budding audiophile is here with me now auditioning the Stax phones as well as some of the other dynamic phones I have. I'll add his comments to my reviews when posted. I sought his opinions based on my thoughts about tonality and accuracy and a musician knows his instruments and music intimately. We're using some of Dr. Bey's recordings(on vinyl and CD) and other recordings he knows well or sat in on the sessions of. This should add a unique dimension to the review. I have no idea what he might say or think but he's been busy taking plenty of notes.

My ears are stll kinda goofy right now due to some side-effects of the meds I'm takin' but they're starting to get better already. I should have my impressions posted by later this week.

Apr 25, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #18 of 27
are my ears fuct or something? I heard the Omega IIs for the second time yesterday with a KGSS & Meridian G08 and didn't get much enjoyment from them. I supose I can see their appeal, but I tried 2 or 3 tracks and didn't feel the desire to expereiment further. Detail/resolution was great but it just didn't suck me in. Same story at the NYC Meet a year and a half ago when I auditioned it next to the HE60s with a stax tubed amp.

Perhaps I need to spend more time & in quiter conditions to really appreciate them but they failed to 'wow' me.

Oct 1, 2004 at 8:10 PM Post #20 of 27
*lol* a ring for the girlfriend happened.
biggrin.gif
Although, the Dynahi + K501 are a worthy, if temporary replacement.

Oct 1, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #25 of 27
if you read the thread you would see that tomek brought it back to question trevornetwork's feelings about the omega II, just like he said he would in the original run.

EDIT Congrats (belated) TrevorNetwork on the commitment.

Oct 2, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
this extremely old thread was brough back for those little women comments?
Come on now, think before you post and don't thread crap OLD threads, that's just sad.

read the messages more carefully before making a comment like this.

so trevornetwork, had it not been for finances, would this have been the final stop for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back