Olympic Games 2008 thread - Sports only!
Aug 19, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #121 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Liu Xiang, Athen's 110m hurdles winner and most famous person in China, drops out due to an injury and couldn't even compete in the first run. You cannot imagine the immense disappointment pretty much everybody in China is feeling right now. No matter the other gold medals, but this was the gold medal to get and it was supposed to be his Olympics. In Beijing these days you couldn't walk 100m without seeing his face on some kind of banner ad. And he's a really nice guy, too. Ahhhh to bad.

I was disappointed to see that.

On a different note, Haile Gebrselassie might be my favorite athlete of all time.

I wonder if that crazy Jamaican, Bolt, got a beating from his coach for coasting that last bit of the 100m; still, he ran like a super hero.

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #122 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if that crazy Jamaican, Bolt, got a beating from his coach for coasting that last bit of the 100m; still, he ran like a super hero.

No chance in Hell....
very_evil_smiley.gif

They will make a fortune with the ''planned'' milliseconds increased for the next few years....
wink_face.gif

Amicalement

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #123 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No chance in Hell....
very_evil_smiley.gif

They will make a fortune with the ''planned'' milliseconds increased for the next few years....
wink_face.gif

Amicalement

Indeed. the fact that he didn't blast through it completely just means he gets to break his record later
tongue.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #125 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. the fact that he didn't blast through it completely just means he gets to break his record later
tongue.gif

As I wrote earlier: can you say....Sergeï Bubka....
biggrin.gif

What is so surprising is the fact that he had not the simple decency to, at least, try to hide it a bit from the world.

Amicalement

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #126 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I wrote earlier: can you say....Sergeï Bubka....
biggrin.gif

What is so surprising is the fact that he had not the simple decency to, at least, try to hide it a bit from the world.

Amicalement

Hm, I don't think he really cared about the record. In fact, it seemed he wasn't even aware that he broke the world record until after his victory round.

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #127 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed. the fact that he didn't blast through it completely just means he didn't have any real competition
tongue.gif

Fixed it for ya!
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #128 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm, I don't think he really cared about the record. In fact, it seemed he wasn't even aware that he broke the world record until after his victory round.

OUFF....are you serious....
confused_face_2.gif

For all his short life this guy was entirely devoted to this objective. Now his life will take a new and so much more lucrative turn.

BTW he loves cars....
wink.gif

Amicalement

Aug 19, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #131 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Geesh, chill out grumpy old man.

Are you talking to me?......
tongue.gif

Other topic. One of the most interesting thing to watched in the past few days was how Phelps was conducting himself after his historical performance. It seems to me that he had a very modest and appropriate attitude. Something he managed extremely well under the circumstances.

If I was the poor ''pseudo-second'' place swimmer I would think about asking for a serious inquiry in that pool electro-technical system....
wink.gif

Amicalement

Aug 19, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #132 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow... our announcers and that old gymnastic coaching guy need to keep their bitching and moaning to themselves. embarrassing

Amen. They new there was a system for a tiebreaker from the beginning. Live with it. Hell, she still got a gold for the all-around.

Aug 20, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #133 of 160
Yeah!!!! First medal to Israel in Beijing 2008
biggrin.gif

Bronze Medal to Shahar Zubari (windsurfer) :]
At Athens 2004, the Israeli candidate of windsurfing took the gold (Gal Freedman) :p

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #134 of 160
It's a shame Usain Bolt wildly underperformed. ONLY a double gold-medalist, and double world-record-breaker. Pfft... what a loser...

Oh, no. Wait. By 'loser', I mean 'unbelievable athlete, and supreme champion'. That man was utterly unstoppable in that race, some of the athletes were barely halfway round when he finished...

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #135 of 160
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a shame Usain Bolt wildly underperformed. ONLY a double gold-medalist, and double world-record-breaker. Pfft... what a loser...

It' s hard to miss the fact that we are in presence of one of the greatest sprinters of the modern era. Too bad the modern era is also the one where champions are trading their sport integrity for ca$h....
wink.gif

Amicalement

PS
At least the 200M was run with a more ethical approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back