Ollo audio: Pro headphones from Slovenia
Aug 21, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #138 of 164
Yes you can order the needed parts form the webshop. Note that you cannot swap over and over again since the screws go directly into the wood. Rok mentioned that it's safe for about 10 times to swap between open and closed.
Im looking to achieve something like gallahorn or magni on closed back, any chances modding the s4x?

Aug 21, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #139 of 164
Im looking to achieve something like gallahorn or magni on closed back, any chances modding the s4x?
I owned a Gjallarhorn JM and a S4R and they are very different. I doubt you will get a S4X to sound like a Gjallarhorn. I unfortunately have never heard the Magni.

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #140 of 164
I owned a Gjallarhorn JM and a S4R and they are very different. I doubt you will get a S4X to sound like a Gjallarhorn. I unfortunately have never heard the Magni.
Yeah, probably the gjallahorn is so difficult to duplicate for the exclusive driver setup.
I just looking for deep bass on dynamic closed back, and for exclusive headphone made on EU.

Thanks for answer

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #141 of 164
I just got the S4R v1.1 in today. Looking forward to my listening session with them.

Sep 9, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #142 of 164
I just got the S4R v1.1 in today. Looking forward to my listening session with them.
Nice. I like my S4R a lot. Listening to them right now, in fact. It's a terrific all around, utilitarian headphone; lightweight, comfortable, easy to drive, sounds good with anything.

"But I want my headphones to sound musical not analytical"
is what some folks will say

I say if your music doesn't sound "musical" enough then maybe its not the headphones that are the problem.

Jan 6, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #143 of 164
Are there any S4R 1.1 users here that can describe how these sound? I am trying to find a closed back daily driver with a tuning similar to the HD650 or R70x. Am I looking in the right direction here?

Jan 6, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #144 of 164
Are there any S4R 1.1 users here that can describe how these sound? I am trying to find a closed back daily driver with a tuning similar to the HD650 or R70x. Am I looking in the right direction here?
I dont have either of those others, so can't say for sure if its exactly what you want. But I can say the S4R just sounds . . . Nice. Balanced. Polite. Nothing stands out, nothing is missing. You'll notice if something isn't a great recording, but it wont highlight the bad parts so it would still sound listenable. Conversely, on a really good recording the bass isn't going to SLAM and the cymbals might not be as sparkly as you'd like. But you'll hear every note clearly.

Hope this helps ?

Jan 7, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #145 of 164
I dont have either of those others, so can't say for sure if its exactly what you want. But I can say the S4R just sounds . . . Nice. Balanced. Polite. Nothing stands out, nothing is missing. You'll notice if something isn't a great recording, but it wont highlight the bad parts so it would still sound listenable. Conversely, on a really good recording the bass isn't going to SLAM and the cymbals might not be as sparkly as you'd like. But you'll hear every note clearly.

Hope this helps ?
I'll know soon. I just ordered a pair. =)

Jun 26, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #148 of 164
JUst want to show my custom OLLO on my Customstand..
IMG20220611160112.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back