Oldies but goodies
May 24, 2018 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

naturalinstict

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys starting this thread out of inspiration of forgotten music. When I type in music I mean jams, hits, bangers, and classics. Oldies but goodies isn't considered to be limited to one genre or time period. If you have something you find holds sentimental value please by all means post! I've been bringing back my high school music into my collection and it has a lot to do with bass driven music such as dubstep. Here are a few I consider to be gems in the banger category. Feel free to comment your opinions on the music posted. Thanks for being a part of this thread!

Gorrilaz - Rhinestone Eyes (Hooky dubstep remix)
Emalkay - When I Look At You
Mt. Eden - Sierra Leone
Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Jakwob remix)
Bassnectar - Magical World ft. Nelly Furtado
Cragga - Mr. Postman dubstep remix

May 26, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 11
Dunno how they'd sound now, but these are some artists I listened to in HS, or thereabouts...

Rock: Blondie, Bowie, The Cars, Clapton, Deep Purple, ELO, The Fixx, George Harrison, Peter Gabriel, Queen, Rod Stewart, Sweet, Tom Petty & Heartbreakers, Wings, Yes...
Funk/R&B: Cameo, Chaka Khan, Diana Ross, EWF, Gap Band, George Clinton, Grace Jones, The Jacksons, Kraftwerk, Michael Henderson, Patrice Rushen, Prince, Shalamar, SOS Band, Zapp/Roger Troutman...
Classical: Russian romantics & their students (esp. Prokofiev & Stravinsky), alot of Samuel Barber, and movie scores by Jerry Goldsmith, John Barry & John Williams
Jazz: Buddy Rich, Fred Astaire, George Benson, Herbie Hancock, Jaco Pastorius, Pat Metheny, Stanley Clarke, Weather Report

I listened to a fair amount of disco as well. Two movies that capture the music of that era (mid 70's to early 80's) well are Dazed & Confused, and The Last Days of Disco.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back