Old Iriver needs replacement.
Dec 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

carsten2501

100+ Head-Fier
I have an older Iriver ifp 595 (500mb) player for maby 8 years, but I am interested in more memory now. My phones are Sennheiser hd595. I mostly listen to acoustic music.
The sound is not perfect I know, the Senn´s are too heavy for the Iriver, but it is ok.
Iriver is 12mw output I think, coupled with Senn HD 595 probably less I guess.

Is a Cowon iaudio i9  a stepup in soundquality?  (upgradeable mem.card?)
A Cowon C2  is also within my range.

And Scandisk sansa clip+ stepdown/stepup? (Sansa clip+ comparable to the above Cowons?)

Thanks in advance
Carsten

Dec 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
I have an older Iriver ifp 595 (500mb) player for maby 8 years, but I am interested in more memory now. My phones are Sennheiser hd595. I mostly listen to acoustic music.
The sound is not perfect I know, the Senn´s are too heavy for the Iriver, but it is ok.
Iriver is 12mw output I think, coupled with Senn HD 595 probably less I guess.

Is a Cowon iaudio i9  a stepup in soundquality?  (upgradeable mem.card?)
A Cowon C2  is also within my range.

And Scandisk sansa clip+ stepdown/stepup? (Sansa clip+ comparable to the above Cowons?)

Thanks in advance
Carsten

I think Clip+ Rockbox is better then iRiver and Cowon.I will choose Clip+ but if you want better get Colorfly C3.

Dec 24, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #3 of 6
it depends what you are looking for, at that level, sq wise (no eq/bbe etc...) it shouldn't make too much of a difference with your headphones, from experience BBE on the cowon is an advantage, the sansa players are cheaper, the cowon c2 will give you more battery life, so take your pick...

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #6 of 6
The Sony new S series walkmen are very loud and crisp clear sounding highly recommended. Other DAPs like Cowon C2, Samsung Galaxy 3.5, 4.0, Philips Go Gear and Fuze are recommended too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back