Old Etyomotic ER-4S ?
Dec 4, 2008 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

busyx2

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I have an older ER-4S, I think they were dated back to 1997. I used them only when I am taking a flight. However, lately when I compared them to the Shure 530 and Nuforce NE7M, I find that the ER-4S lacking.

I am curious whether converting them to ER-4P would improves the sound but, sadly, there is no way to do that, as Etymotic would not sell me a cable.

Is there any ways to exploit my ER-4S? Or just accept the fact and get another phone?

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 9
I'll take them!
biggrin.gif

But yeah, you really need an amp with that.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 9
I think my Ety4ps are about that old too. And they're off to Apuresound getting new "voices" Yeah, recable them. They are far too wonderful an IEM to sell or just forget about

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 9
Amping the ER4S will add more body and mass. Otherwise, it may sound a bit lean and lacking in bass compared to others. I have bought and sold a few IEM's and headphones but have held on to the Etys, they are wonderful IEM's, that has some uniqueness to its sound.

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 9
I just hate the er4p cable so much it's almost making me sell mine....

And I also have strong convictions NOT to pay 180 bucks for 4 feet of cable, that just seems ridiculous to me.

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 9
If you already love the ER4 then the $180 is actually worth it as a total package. I'm waiting for the shipping notice from Alex saying theat my 6' balanced V2 P cable is on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back