Okto dac8 Stereo Thread
Mar 22, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #46 of 66
There are a lot of external streamers that would work with the Okto as with any DAC. As long as it has the proper outputs - Coax SPdif, AES/EBU, compatible USB, etc. Even an external Pi. The Okto just has the space within its own cabinet to mount a Pi directly if you wanted to.

Even if you mount a Pi internally, it still uses the USB to connect to the Okto via a jumper to one of the USB inputs.

Mar 23, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #49 of 66
Hi
If anyone is interested in a Okto dac 8 stereo silver non streaming let me know please.
I have bought it a couple of weeks ago but I need a DAC with also rca connections and therefore I’m selling the Okto.
In 10 days I’ll return it to Okto if nobody will buy it.
I’m a bit too new here to post the announcement. Please reach out if interested.
Sorry again for cutting in for this but I thought doing a favour to who doesn’t want to wait months for it.
Shipping from France.

Mar 24, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #50 of 66
Okto dac 8 stereo silver does not comes with rca connection ?
As for me, am interested in okto dac 8 but would probably buy directly since we wont have to pay custom tax.

Apr 22, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #55 of 66
Hi Ricco, you've probably sold your DAC8 now. I still own mine. The Lundahl cables seem to be an overkill. In older times, Pavel wrote that Benchmark cables could be used and they are quite cheaper. Should you be interested, I can lend you a pair of Hifi cables made on my request by JC Tornior. You can pm me any time.

May 17, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #56 of 66
Hello to all interested members,

I have just gotten my dac 8 stereo. I have installed a rasperry pi 4 b with 4 GB and flashed volumio on it. Unfortunately the dac remains with no analog signal when streaming with volumio. I have connected the output from the raspberry to an usb input with usb a to b cable as there was no jumper supllied with the dac and set to stream mode in the settings menue of the dac.

When connecting my old volumio streamer to an input the dac works. Has anyone thoughts what might may be the issue why streaming through the raspberry doesn´t work?

Thank you for your help.

Olaf

May 17, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #58 of 66
Hello dgotise,

thank you for your your help. I have changed some settings within volumio UI and those changes were lately successfull. So there is no problem anymore. I am just wondering why I couldn´t get it to work as I own this dac since a 3 weeks and have tried a lot before. Especially qobuz wasn´t audible, even if I was logged in. Some restarts with additional access to my account brought the breaktrough.

Why did you sell your octo dac?

My aim was to get a better dac than my volumio because the quality compared to my record player is significantly weaker from the tiny volumio and I didn´t wanted to spend as much as for my record player. So the goal was to get an affordable item for little bucks even if that is challenging.

I did buy this unit upon recommendation from stereophile magazine.

Olaf

May 18, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #60 of 66
Well, I've got bitten by the upgraditis fly:k701smile:
In fact, my first purchase was a Lumin U2 Mini, so I unplugged the streaming board but was still enjoying the dac part. When I bought the Okto (second hand), I was looking for a R2R dac, but couldn't find any in my price bracket. I've finally taken the plunge for a Holo Spring 3 L2, it is still burning in, but it seems promising with a slightly better bandwidth and better bass (no bloat at all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back