Okay, I'll start it again, the above 100 HF-1 club status thread!
Oct 11, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #122 of 195
#159 are on my head!!! Ordered 9-11-05 -exactly one month ago.

Oct 12, 2005 at 12:11 AM Post #123 of 195
Mine (#125) were supposed to arrive today, but FedEx screwed up the delivery. Nobody came, and the FedEx tracking says that delivery failed due to "customer not available or business closed". It is not possible that they came and the door was unanswered. Hopefully they will actually deliver it tomorrow.

Oct 12, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #124 of 195
WOW....#167

DSCF0042_sm.jpg

DSCF0044_sm.jpg

Definately smoother than the SR-80. Even not burned in they sound great. I was kinda frustrated with the bowls though, since I have been used to my HD414 pads. So instead of just getting 'used' to them again, I just threw on the flats I also ordered.

OMG...I am crying...the sound...so...soo...perfect.....
blink.gif
If these get better with burn in, I will be in for one hell of a treat.

Oh and a note to the person who mentioned channel inbalance. Check your headband. I bent mine out like I did with my SR-80's, but apparently I didnt do it carefully enough, because it sounded like the left channel was stronger. I then looked at them and bent them back in again, just a tad. Equal sound, then I threw on the flats...wow!

More comments and photos to come. Man, I even love the smell of Grado's!

These things have some FRIGGEN BASS! The kick drum in Chitlins Con Carne by SRV is tough as nails.

Oct 12, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #125 of 195
#184 showed up today...I've burned them in for three hours so far and listening to them on the computer and SR71 now for the first time.

Everything good I've read on these is so far true. ACDC - "Stiff Upper Lip" sounds great with some great punch...better than my broken-in 225's.

So far the bowls sound good, but they feel funny compared to the 414's I'm used to.

Oct 12, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #126 of 195
#149 arrived today.

took a quick listen and...well, i'm sure they'll sound better once they are burned in. sitting on the shelf burning in for the next week, then i'll listen again.

quick impression vs. my sr200 with flats?
i didn't like the hf-1 highs. shrill compared to the sr200. bass is nice and quick, but not as refined as the sr200.

i know things will change with burn in, so don't vilify my early impressions.

Oct 12, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #127 of 195
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Mine came today, but there was some stupid stand-in mail carrier, too bloody ignorant to leave the package at the door like they're supposed to!

Now I have to go to the Post tomorrow to pick it up. I could've had them right now
frown.gif

Oct 12, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #128 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
#149 arrived today.

took a quick listen and...well, i'm sure they'll sound better once they are burned in. sitting on the shelf burning in for the next week, then i'll listen again.

quick impression vs. my sr200 with flats?
i didn't like the hf-1 highs. shrill compared to the sr200. bass is nice and quick, but not as refined as the sr200.

i know things will change with burn in, so don't vilify my early impressions.

Hey I wish I had some SR-200's to compare my HF-1's too!

Either way these things rock. Compared to my SR-80's they are smoother in the highs and midrange. Definately more bass. Honestly though I need to throw these flats on the 80's to compare...because I am comparing:

SR-80 w/HD414(reversed) v. HF-1 w/todd flats

Not totally fair in the pad sensitive Grado world.

DSCF0043_sm.jpg

DSCF0041_sm.jpg

Oct 12, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #129 of 195
Just got an email from the shipping department; “Parcel from: TOD THE VINYL JUNKIE". They spelled it wrong but who cares. They are finally here.

Now do I open them, save them, or sell them???

Oct 12, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #130 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by C38368
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Mine came today, but there was some stupid stand-in mail carrier, too bloody ignorant to leave the package at the door like they're supposed to!

Now I have to go to the Post tomorrow to pick it up. I could've had them right now
frown.gif

I feel your pain. My HF-1's shipped Friday, but for some reason, my postal carrier didn't show up at my apartment building until 8:45pm Tuesday night.
blink.gif
Since the building office was closed, no packages got left.
frown.gif

Oct 12, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #131 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by dag655321
Just got an email from the shipping department; “Parcel from: TOD THE VINYL JUNKIE". They spelled it wrong but who cares. They are finally here.

Now do I open them, save them, or sell them???

I'm looking at all the cans in your sig and thinking - the HF-1 probably will be king of that mountain!

Oct 12, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #132 of 195
Number 187 delivered today (ordered on 9/13 for those looking at order vs. delivery dates). They sound very nice right out of the John Grado-signed box.

My thanks to John and Todd.

Oct 12, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #133 of 195
OHHH i Just thought that mine got charged, but when I looked at the card details I realized it was a bunch of other bills approx 200 total.AGH

Oct 12, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #134 of 195
mine was charged last friday but still no sign of them.... I guess it takes longer to cross the border.

Oct 12, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #135 of 195
#144 arrived early this morning. I was charged exactly one week ago according to the receipt and opted for USPS priority shipping. Perhaps the weather had something to do with the delay as priority mail is usually 2-3 days delivery time.

First impressions are VERY positive. It's been a while since I had some Grados in the house and these are a great complement to my Senns. The foot-tapping, head-bobbing, air-guitaring and drumming are back!
rs1smile.gif

Thanks Mr. Grado and Todd! I love 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back