OK, whats the deal with Yourmusic.com?
Mar 8, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 22
It's the same company as BMG, so the cd's (most, anyway) have the BMG marking on them. But the audio on the cd's is the same as if you bought it in the store.

There's no catch except you have to have atleast one cd in your queue or you'll be charged without getting a disc.

It's a great deal and I've gotten a ton of discs from them.
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the same company as BMG, so the cd's (most, anyway) have the BMG marking on them. But the audio on the cd's is the same as if you bought it in the store.

There's no catch except you have to have atleast one cd in your queue or you'll be charged without getting a disc.

It's a great deal and I've gotten a ton of discs from them.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for clearing it up. Sound great. I can't see a reason not to do it, no contract afterall.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #5 of 22
Actually, it's not the same as the regular cds. Pretty sure that BMG cds are manufactured at a different place then store released versions. They ARE guaranteed but I have had problems with more than one cd being defective. One time they replaced a cd twice and finally just gave me a refund.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4metta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, it's not the same as the regular cds. Pretty sure that BMG cds are manufactured at a different place then store released versions. They ARE guaranteed but I have had problems with more than one cd being defective. One time they replaced a cd twice and finally just gave me a refund.

Only some of the CDs I've received from Yourmusic.com have been labeled with the "Maufactured for BMG Direct" tag.

I personally have never noticed the BMG labeled CDs to sound or behave any different than a store purchased CD.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #7 of 22
I've ordered hundreds of CDs from them (probably 400-500, I'm guessing) and have never had any problems at all. Occasionally items get backordered and sometimes even cancelled when they can no longer source them, but you can see this in your order history so it's easy to know what is going on at all times. This is no big deal and to be expected, so if something gets cancelled, I look to other sources at that point. Shipping normally takes 10-14 days, so that might be an issue if you're impatient, but it's not a factor at all to me.

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4metta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There was a big thread on usenet in the alt.music.bluenote newsgroup a few years back regarding the quality of the cds that BMG sells. According to the eggheads there, there IS a significant difference with some of the releases. As with all threads on the Internet, subject to scrutiny.

I have many a BMG cd, both from their old cd club days and from yourmusic.com and I've never had to return one.

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And some of us only pay $5.99.
biggrin.gif

sssshhhhh
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 22
The price went up to $6.99 as of 1/1/07. For some reason I'm still charged 5.99. When I go to the site, it shows all CDs as being 5.99. I'm not the only one that's still being charged the old price. There was a thread or two on this a while back.

Mar 8, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The price went up to $6.99 as of 1/1/07. For some reason I'm still charged 5.99. When I go to the site, it shows all CDs as being 5.99. I'm not the only one that's still being charged the old price. There was a thread or two on this a while back.

Yeah, I've heard that quite a few people were "forgotten" and are still only charged 5.99. Unfortunately, I am not one of them.
mad.gif
Oh well, it's only a buck I suppose....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back