OK, whats the deal with Yourmusic.com?
Mar 10, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I've heard that quite a few people were "forgotten" and are still only charged 5.99. Unfortunately, I am not one of them.
mad.gif
Oh well, it's only a buck I suppose....

Did those people join yourmusic recently? I've been a member for a couple years and now i'm playing $6.99 per cd. One of my friends who joined yourmusic late last year is still paying $5.99. So I'm speculating this might have to do with the fact that yourmusic is honoring some new memberships. At some point in the future though, they probably will increase the price for all members. Just a guess.

Mar 10, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by wang228 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did those people join yourmusic recently? I've been a member for a couple years and now i'm playing $6.99 per cd. One of my friends who joined yourmusic late last year is still paying $5.99. So I'm speculating this might have to do with the fact that yourmusic is honoring some new memberships. At some point in the future though, they probably will increase the price for all members. Just a guess.

I'm pretty sure that some of the people that are getting the $5.99 price have been around for a while, a couple years atleast.

I don't know if there was a glitch in the upgrade process or what, but some peopler are charged $5.99 and some $6.99.

And many people cancelled when it went up a dollar. I don't really understand that because it is still cheaper than buying most cd's used. Maybe it's the principle of the matter or something but some people got really upset.

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #18 of 22
Good evening to all!

Is there a phone number which one can call to join this club? I would still use this site as the referral, but I do not enjoy putting my credit card number out there on the internet.

At one time, I belonged to BMG and Columbia House for music, and Columbia House's Video and Laser Disc Club. I sent YourMusic an e-mail last Monday but have yet to hear from them (and do not anticipate them replying at all).

I tend to buy good amount of music and currently have about 500 CDs in my collection from my days in BMG and Columbia House as well as local "record" shoppes. Along with those, I have a couple of hundred songs I have bought from iTunes (I use an iTunes card that you buy at regular stores, and not my own credit card).

If any here have a phone number for the club that will allow me to join, I would appreciate it if some one here that is a member could provide it. If not, thank you all the same.

El Toado Verde
biggrin.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:09 PM Post #19 of 22
The best part is cancelling the service: Just a few button clicks on the internet. No having to call someone and getting transfered 3 times.

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by OldRoadToad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good evening to all!

Is there a phone number which one can call to join this club? I would still use this site as the referral, but I do not enjoy putting my credit card number out there on the internet.

TMK, there is no phone number that you can call to join. All transactions are done via their webpage or through email communications only. You also need to give them a credit card number so they have it on file. That is the way they bill you for your purchases. I almost certain that there is not any other way to pay.

FYI...
Nowadays, nearly all commerce sites are encrypted so there is near zero danger in sending credit card/personal info over the internet. I've bought stuff online for over a decade using my credit card with no problems whatsoever. It's actually much much more dangerous giving out that info via telephone or through postal mail than the internet.

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #22 of 22
how?
confused.gif
I joined wayyyy before and I am still being charged for 6.99??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back