Ok, say you were a billionare, whats the best headphones you could get?
Dec 17, 2004 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 26
Sony R-10
Qualia 010
Sennheiser Orpheus
Stax Omega II
Grado PS-1
Sennhesier HD650
Grado HP-1/2
Custom IEMs
K-1000

That's what I'd get. But the sources, amps, misc. needed to back those up, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$.
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2004 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 26
I'd get one of each.

Hmm.. and I'd get everyone in this thread a pair too. You wouldn't happen to be a billionaire would you?
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 17, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #4 of 26
Sources:
Meridian G08
Accuphase DP-85

Amplifiers:
Blue Hawaii
Singlepower SDS
Dynamight

Headphones (in order of preference):
Sennheiser HE 90 (Orpheus)
Sony MDR-R10
Sony Qualia 010 (so what if I haven't heard it yet
wink.gif
)
Stax SR-007 (Omega II)
Sennheiser HD 650
AKG K 1000
GRado PS-1
Grado HP-1
Audio-Technica ATH-L3000
Sensaphonics 2X-S
Ultimate Ears UE5c

The sad thing is ayt999 already owns most of these and there's an HE90 within 50 miles of my vicinity!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 26
I'd steal away the top engineers from Sennheiser, Beyedynamic, and maybe a few other places, and have them design something that would crush all those.

That or start a team of people who would develop direct neural implant.

Dec 17, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 26
I'd just get one custom made for me.

As for the music, I'd pay the artists for me to record them on analog tapes and then I'll do the mastering myself.

Dec 17, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #9 of 26
yeah custom made all the way

I think it was Ian or Jahn that had a really good description of the ones they would get made for them, I remember "mods, i'd pay him $250,000 just to figure some out".

Dec 17, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberius
I'd steal away the top engineers from Sennheiser, Beyedynamic, and maybe a few other places, and have them design something that would crush all those.

That's pretty much what I'd do. This is what I want my headphone to sound like, now go design & build it for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lan
As for the music, I'd pay the artists for me to record them on analog tapes and then I'll do the mastering myself.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about mixing & mastering and would probably suck at it. Thus I shall contract it out to Bob Ludwig & Gateway Mastering since he's done consistently good mastering jobs, and I've been very happy with his work to date.

Dec 17, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by josh files
Or just hire the bands themselfs.

I cannot bring back to life Jacqueline Du Pré or Glenn Gould.

I also cannot make Renée Flemming or José Van Dam 15 years younger.

See, we're stuck with recordings
rolleyes.gif

If I were a billionnaire, headphones would probably disappear of my life anyway. Ever heard a really high end speakers system ?

Dec 17, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by josh files
Or just hire the bands themselfs.

That or get the most killer speaker system ever. I think speakers are better then headphones. Just my opinion.

Dec 17, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #14 of 26
Like the other guys, I'd get a crazy-ass speaker system in a huge friggin mansion. The audio rooms would be acoustically treated of course. I'd go to concerts all the time, w/ the speakers as home backup. Then I'd buy new ears, since all the previously mentioned crap would have, over time, killed the originals.
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberius

Or watch them kill each other. There are reasons for seperate companies.
biggrin.gif

Alessandro MS-pro. If the MS-1 is this good.. I have to hear the 2 and the pro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back