Ok, OK im addicted. Thanks guys :D
Mar 30, 2012 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

trothad2

New Head-Fier
OK so thanks to this forum and the love of music I have found my self addicted to great music with great headphones.  Now its time for me to look at buying another pair but i have no idea what ones to buy.  I have the HD598's right now and love them, but i am now looking for some closed headphones and looking for suggestions.  I'm looking for good bass response but i don't want to sacrifice the highs at all.  Not looking for something that's sterile but a "warm" sound.  Price <200 if possible and if needed what amp to go along with them. 

Thx guys for all your previous help and cant wait to see what y'all recommend.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 16

Quote:
OK so thanks to this forum and the love of music I have found my self addicted to great music with great headphones.  Now its time for me to look at buying another pair but i have no idea what ones to buy.  I have the HD598's right now and love them, but i am now looking for some closed headphones and looking for suggestions.  I'm looking for good bass response but i don't want to sacrifice the highs at all.  Not looking for something that's sterile but a "warm" sound.  Price <200 if possible and if needed what amp to go along with them. 

Look into:

Denon D2000
Beyer DT770 PRO
Brainwavz HM5 (Fischer Audio FA-003 clone)
Shure SRH840
AKG K271 MKII
AudioTechnica A900
Philips Uptown (next month)

Very best,

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 16
The D2000 is a very good mid-fi can that would give you a very different sound; one that will complement your Senns.

If you were to go for another open can, the Grado/Alessandro family (say the 225 or MS-1) would be another very different choice.  Test them first though because there are many who love the Grado sound and many who...don't.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 16

Quote:

Some have already suggested the D2000 and I basically just picked that too when deciding to go with a closed back headphone (I got the D5000 and previously had the Q701 and HD650). I don't actually have any experience with the Denon line yet but just chiming since I just made a similar decision. It is also only 25 ohms impedance so an amp is not necessary, although I have read that it will improve sq/ss, but I don't know for sure.

Quote:
DT770 or 880.  Fiio E10, or Little Dot I+

The DT880 is a semi open headphone I thought?

Quote:

Look into:

Denon D2000
Beyer DT770 PRO
Brainwavz HM5 (Fischer Audio FA-003 clone)
Shure SRH840
AKG K271 MKII
AudioTechnica A900
Philips Uptown (next month)

Very best,

I had the AKG K271II previously and don't think that it will give the bass response that the OP wants. This is just an opinion off course. :)

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #7 of 16
I think it's time for you to get some d2k's. It's just a very musical and enjoyable hp. About the worst thing I can say about it is that the cord is bulky and not that flexible. But that's what you get most of the time when you get to this level of quality. I regard them very highly and have no reservation suggesting them...

good luck!!

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 16
Y'all are awesome.  Can anyone recommend a good place to try these out in Michigan i don't have any local headphone stores around me besides best buy, and well uh ya.... 

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:
Y'all are awesome.  Can anyone recommend a good place to try these out in Michigan i don't have any local headphone stores around me besides best buy, and well uh ya.... 

It gets quite difficult to find a place where you can actually test numerous headphones, not to mention with the absence of a loud environment.

Most online retailers offer a flexible return policy. If they don't, or you want to save a bit and buy used right here off Head-Fi, you could always resell.

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #10 of 16
I'd get Fischer FA-003s. The D2000 is a great choice, but good luck finding a pair for <$200.

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #14 of 16
If price isn't a concern, get the D2000. That's not even a close match.

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #15 of 16
Ok then well in that case d2000's here i come.  Next question will the D2000 sound any better with a amp/dac? right now im going from 320kbps through a logitech usb dac then to my HD598's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back