OK now, who won the HD580Jub....
Aug 6, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Bummer for you, but that's the way auctions work.

And honestly, if the person who won them 'revealed' who they were, would you really be angry with them for winning an online auction fair and square? What would you do, have the 'headphone mafia' go to their home and break their legs?

Of course not, I just wanted to know. Nothing more and nothing less!

And I have ISDN only because ofter the wall came down the german telecom thoiught that fiber glass cables would be a better investment for the future because of the much higher quality and sooo much more potential. Unfortunately they did not update the rest of the country with these new cables and by the time DSL came up they had to decide if they would put their money in the fiber glass technics or the "old school copper wire" technics. It was kind of a easy decission because therer were way more households that had the copper cables. Fiber glass was only available in some former GDR terretories.
You have to understand the the T-Com had a monopoly back in that time so there were no other companys offering DSL. That's why I cannot have DSL at the moment.

Does anyone know a store that has headband for the Jubilee in stock???
Thanks.

m00h

Aug 6, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by m00hk00h
Unfortunately they did not update the rest of the country with these new cables and by the time DSL came up they had to decide if they would put their money in the fiber glass technics or the "old school copper wire" technics. It was kind of a easy decission because therer were way more households that had the copper cables.

That is an unfortunately situation. Maybe they will offer some other form of high bandwidth/broadband internet through the fiber glass cable in the future.

Where I live we have the option of multiple levels of DSL (not sure if it is more of a marketing thing) through AT&T or higher speed cable modems through Comcast. I was visiting my parents a couple weeks ago and they switched over to a cable modem. Their internet is definately faster than the DSL I have, but they pay about twice as much.

Aug 6, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #19 of 31
Well this is exactly the funny thing about it.
They now started to provide a "fiber glass DLS" in most bigger cities and have put new fiber glass cables besides the old copper ones not long ago. They want to provide the users with video on demand and such things.
But you can imagine what it costs.
rolleyes.gif

And normal DSL is available in different speeds here, too. Starting from 1MBit/s to 16.000Mbit/s you can have everything. 2 or 6 MBit/s are standard and affordable.

Cable DSL is available in Germany, too. But we recieve our television and radio via sattelite and as you can imagine we do not want to pay extra for a cable connection...

All I can do is waiting.

m00h

Aug 7, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek
just out of curiosity, aren't these phones just the precursor to the 600s? are there any significant differences between the two? if i'm correct why pay top dollar for these over a 600?
confused.gif

The sound tonality is different than the HD600s. I've had them before and I'd say they're more on par with the HD650s but with better bass control. So sort of like the HD600s but not as flat and boring.

Aug 7, 2006 at 12:54 AM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by m00hk00h
And I have ISDN only because ofter the wall came down the german telecom thoiught that fiber glass cables would be a better investment for the future because of the much higher quality and sooo much more potential. Unfortunately they did not update the rest of the country with these new cables and by the time DSL came up they had to decide if they would put their money in the fiber glass technics or the "old school copper wire" technics. It was kind of a easy decission because therer were way more households that had the copper cables. Fiber glass was only available in some former GDR terretories.
You have to understand the the T-Com had a monopoly back in that time so there were no other companys offering DSL. That's why I cannot have DSL at the moment.

Wow, you must be in one of the outer suburbs. I remember when people had problems like this in Prenzlauer Berg and nobody had heard of wireless internet (this was up to a couple of years ago, by the way, for you non-Berliners), but silly me, I thought Berlin had finally caught up with the western world on this one.

Telekom is evil, yes, and a beautiful relic of old-school Kafkaesque German bureaucracy. Strangely, they still act as though they had a monopoly, costing people like Mooh hundreds of euros in headphone purchasing every year.

In other Berlin news, the famous flea markets where one can find virtually anything for under five euros are a bust for the head-fier: no gems to speak of, a few old rarities, but nothing that doesn't sound like being underwater. Apart from a few Turkish dealers lovingly protecting stock earbuds from 1992 in a display, everyone else beats the living crap out of the few headphones they find, quickly ruining them. (It's sad to see so many pairs of ancient DT880's on the slow decline from "E/VG" to "roadkill".

Aug 7, 2006 at 12:17 PM Post #23 of 31
Maybe everything will be just good in the end.
I found a UK delaer who now confirmed the 10th of august as the day when my new headband leaves his shop. I'm just wondering why he wasn't able to tell me that before I paid by credit card.
confused.gif

I'm used to better service from german shops even for articles that will be custom ordered.

@facelvega:
I am about 1Km too far away from the next "Freifunk"-antenna (public WLAN for free!). I tried to get the signal here (Panketal near Bernau) and on good weather days I recieve the signal. But my self-made antenna seems not strong enough to send the signal back. A Pitty.
frown.gif

BTW, I used to live in Hohenschönhausen before.

m00h

Aug 7, 2006 at 12:47 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
How does the jubilee edition differ from the plain vanilla 580?

The Jubilee edition uses the same drivers as the HD600 and features a carbon fiber chassis. It's basically a HD600, but an earlier revision, and also a lot better looking in my opinion.

Aug 7, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
Bummer for you, but that's the way auctions work.

And honestly, if the person who won them 'revealed' who they were, would you really be angry with them for winning an online auction fair and square? What would you do, have the 'headphone mafia' go to their home and break their legs?

yeah,
speaking of how..
I bid on this the last second myself, not seeing any recognized headfi id's...and the bid was too low, and was not even accepted, so there were some people pinging in there at the last second
wink.gif

BTW, moonk..didn't you score those super nice old Chocolately' RS-1's recently?? You should still be happy on that grab, if not sell them to me
rs1smile.gif

JK, I have an RS-1..anyway sorry you missed these, the HD580s are for some reason the Senns of choice for me..(tried most of them too, elect and 650/60 etc)...hope you find a pair!

Aug 7, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #28 of 31
cool.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox360
The Jubilee edition uses the same drivers as the HD600 and features a carbon fiber chassis. It's basically a HD600, but an earlier revision, and also a lot better looking in my opinion.

Yeah and the sound is better than the stock HD580 IMO and than the the modded 580/600s mentioned above and the stock 600's, and 600's with cardas/blue dragon...for some reason the sound on the old HD-580 rocks for me..and used to listen to Sennheisers all the time, the HD-650 for awhile, but others too. The Juiblee edition are sick if you like the 600 or 650's sound..nice get

Aug 7, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #29 of 31
Once I had owned 2 HD580 Jubilees and 2 HD600s at the same time. All had stock cable. I compared them and the result was clear. There was very slight but noticeable difference of sound between HD580J and HD600. It could be difference between old version HD600s and new version HD600s though. HD580Js had leaner bass than HD600s. Both 2 HD580Js and 2 HD600s sounded very similar of course but not exactly identical, because of tolerance and aging maybe, but this is another theme ..... I still own one HD580J and one HD600, but they are modded and difficult to compare quickly now.

Aug 7, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by akira
Once I had owned 2 HD580 Jubilees and 2 HD600s at the same time. All had stock cable. I compared them and the result was clear. There was very slight but noticeable difference of sound between HD580J and HD600. It could be difference between old version HD600s and new version HD600s though. HD580Js had leaner bass than HD600s. Both 2 HD580Js and 2 HD600s sounded very similar of course but not exactly identical, because of tolerance and aging maybe, but this is another theme ..... I still own one HD580J and one HD600, but they are modded and difficult to compare quickly now.

What about the high end? Were the differences just in the bass? Because the 580 had slightly more rolled of extreme bass than the 600, so maybe the Jub. is more like the 580 in that respect?

Randomly, are you a male or female Akira? I only ask because I had a friend called Akira who changed her name to Misuzu because she thought it was too masculine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back