OK im an idiot.
Mar 2, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #76 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by erasmus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
of course you are entitled to your personal enjoyment, but why do you find it so offensive that the k701s might objectively have a higher potential that may be realized beyond the HP out of a macbook?

I don't find it offensive. I will, however, review the headphones on my gear, and with my ears. I'm not really interested in potential; the only thing that really matters to me is whether or not I enjoy what I hear. And I don't listen to the K701 straight out of my Macbook any more, though that's primarily because I didn't like the strain on the headphone jack.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonboy403
Where did you read the ad700 has better soundstage than the w5000? I'm very curious.

I can't find the thread right now, but if/when I do, I'll let you know. I think there's a user here who has both, but I might be confusing them with the person who has both the GS1000 and the AD700 and finds the AD700 stage wider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij
Offcourse you are totally allowed to have your own opinion about the AD700, K701, sound, amps, sources etc. Lucky, but you are closing in on the edge of sanity

That's the thing; I've got no problem with people having different opinions from mine. I do get a bit tired of people who don't have both phones in question telling the people who do how the phones are supposed to sound.

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #77 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the thing; I've got no problem with people having different opinions from mine. I do get a bit tired of people who don't have both phones in question telling the people who do how the phones are supposed to sound.

my irony meter.
just exploded.

frown.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #78 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my irony meter.
just exploded.

Call me when you've got both an AD700 and a K701, and let me know how they sound to you on your gear.

Mar 3, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #79 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my irony meter.
just exploded.

frown.gif

No kiddin. With NO experience with certain cans He is WILLING to take other peoples posts as gospel about the sounds of the Ad2000 or w5000's. Wow!

Quote:

Call me when you've got both an AD700 and a K701, and let me know how they sound to you on your gear.

I had the AD700's and 701's at the same time I got rid of the Ad700's as they just didnt suit my needs for sound stage, and I didnt need two pair of open cans.The two sound completely different when you have a proper amp for the 701's Yes you can "enjoy" the 701's from a mac book or Ipod But those things just DONT have the current to really drive the 701's properly.

I have my iTouch connected to my Ibasso D2 Viper on my desk at work. I can listen to my Denon AH-D1001 without the D2 and it sounds good.. but connecting the D2 up to the Ipod. The same cans sound much better.

Once you have heard the 701's properly drivien you'll understand what MANY people have said about them here on this forum. But until then Dont bother taking the word of people who have a good source and amp for the 701's and slough it off as "elitism" You should treat the 701's with an amp advice like you do ntah_thanh's advice about him owning and comparing the AD700's to the AD2K's.

Mar 3, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #80 of 83
Amping performance does vary. Those who think that in an ideal world, all amps sound the same, justify their use of a lesser priced amp to cast stones at those who spent more than they did. Go to a meet and learn the sonic differences higher priced amps provide. The 701s need a high 3 to 4 digit priced amp to do their thing. We know this because people do own higher priced amps and do like the 701s. That's not to say they would sound the same to everybody. With over 20K units sold, somebody likes them.

OP, this thread has taken the usual route into the gutter. I'm glad you enjoy your new hps. There are a lot of us that just like to enjoy the excitement and joy of members discovering higher performance. The old days you used to be able to do that and not have the na-na nazis steal the life from the threads.

Mar 3, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #81 of 83
Quote:

The soundstage, which is wider in both the AD700 and AD900 than the AD2000 or W5000. The 700 and 900 are also the airiest models.

Quote:

I own the AD700, and I've read the posts of people on this forum who own the AD700, AD900, AD1000, and AD2000.

Quote:

This just doesn't add up.

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #82 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OP, this thread has taken the usual route into the gutter. I'm glad you enjoy your new hps. There are a lot of us that just like to enjoy the excitement and joy of members discovering higher performance. The old days you used to be able to do that and not have the na-na nazis steal the life from the threads.

im 44 years old, i know what i like the sound of,

the 'naysayers' make little impression on me

ps. all good amps do sound the same imo,

they just amplify the signal, no coloration
wink.gif

if it changes the signal at all (color) it isnt a good amp ......imo
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #83 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by what? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ps. all good amps do sound the same imo,

they just amplify the signal, no coloration
wink.gif

if it changes the signal at all (color) it isnt a good amp ......imo
biggrin.gif

I think a truly neutral amp is an ideal; it does not exist in other words. What sounds neutral and 'the way it should be' to one person doesn't sound so neutral to someone else. A good amp colors the signal to your liking or in such a way that you don't notice it. The better an amp the more subtle it is and the more it can do; enlarge the soundstage, emphasize certain frequencies etc. A bad amp colors it so that you dislike it. There are extremes of course. There are amps that are just plain bad because they distort, but as a rule of fist I think the above is valid. Neutrality is a chimaera
atsmile.gif
A good amp colors the sound to your liking, you get excited about it and post here. Simple
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back