OK im an idiot.
Feb 21, 2009 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 83

what?

100+ Head-Fier
Ive been reccommending hd280 pros here for a few weeks because i actually believed they sounded good.

my AT AD700 arrived 20 minuets ago
tongue.gif

straight outa da box they sound 75% better then the 280s at everything.
atsmile.gif

not selling my T4 anymore
jecklinsmile.gif

thanks to all those that brought these to my attention,

KILLERCANS.

really cant imagine what 200 hours of use will do to them,

probably going to buy a couple more pairs and keep em on a shelf for the future.

$100 to my door?

nuts value for $$
wink_face.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 83
Finally someone admitting they have been recommending the wrong cans, very good!

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 83
Your new enthusiasm based on 20 minutes listening to a new pair of headphones is, while different in context, just as misplaced as your original enthusiasm for the HD280s.

Enjoy the new headphones, but hold off the wax lyrical proclamations until a little later once you've got a better understanding of the sound.

Feb 21, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #6 of 83
the 280's still have their place for me.
great for the late night tv!

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easily my favorite phones under $250. Great you like them.

In the same vein of recommendation without knowledge, have you heard every phone under $250? If not, then you should certainly not imply that you have. Rather you should say they are your favorite phones under $250 that you've heard. It is nitpicky, but I think that this forum would be an overall better place if people always qualified comparisons thus.

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 83
AD700 are my favorite phones under $250 that I've heard.

AD700 are my favorite phones under $250.

I don't see the difference. If I'm saying that they're my favorite phones then I don't see how I'm implying that I've heard every pair of headphones under $250...

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the same vein of recommendation without knowledge, have you heard every phone under $250? If not, then you should certainly not imply that you have. Rather you should say they are your favorite phones under $250 that you've heard. It is nitpicky, but I think that this forum would be an overall better place if people always qualified comparisons thus.

It's obviously my opinion, because I stated they were my favorite, not any one else's. And I don't have to have heard every phone for under $250 to call them my favorite in that price range. If you need those qualifiers for your posts, go ahead.

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #11 of 83
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You cant just expect people to hear EVERYTHING from a price range before they flap their...keyboards, how many people would recommend anything? Let the guy say they are his favorite cans under $250.
HD580s are my favorite cans and Ive heard sod all else. I recommend to anyone buying a 10 year old pair of 580s, not having heard all used ten year old cans on earth.

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #12 of 83
I agree, while I think it would be useful/helpful if you gave that sort of statement some context, I don't think it's misleading or implies that you've heard everything...

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #13 of 83
Hahah I agree with Lucky here

Had he said "AD700's are the best phone under 250"

Then I can see the nitpickers coming out, but his original statement was qualified by personal experiance with the "My"

MOVING ON!

I want a pair of these. Soon... Soon...

*edit*

AS well, it seems that had he used a qualifer such as "That Ive heard" in refrence to his favorite can, he would then be implying he has a favorite that he has NOT heard, which would only look ignorant.. Haha english is fun! lol

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #15 of 83
biggrin.gif
I've had my AD 700's for about 2 weeks now. For $100 they seem well worth the money.
I'm pretty satisfied with them. I'm not worrying about how I might have spent my $100 better. But I am smiling. Grinning even. I'm smiling and grinning all the while I wear these cans. I have spent a $100 on a lot of other things in life that haven't made me smile and grin.
icon10.gif

Hmmmmm now what can $200 do to me?!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back