OK I think I've read too much and it's all too confusing ...anyone help me please ..!
Sep 4, 2012 at 7:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jigjags

New Head-Fier
I have around £150 to spend on some headphones and this is the criteria :-

Mainly they will be used for watching films on either my Android tablet or phone or on my TV and also listening to Music on my phone too. 

They will mainly be used late at night while in bed with my light sleeping wife next to me so they need to not leak too much noise.

I recently have toured every Hi-Fi shop in Manchester listening to the ones they have out on demo and have been pretty much underwhelmed by the 'expensive but pretty' usual suspects such as Beats or 50 Cent or (insert rapper name here) headphones.

The nicest i tried were the Bose Quiet Comfort 15 noise cancelling headphones and some Monster Inspiration which were very impressive on the demo machine but unfortunately i don't have £300 in the budget.

Any Advice would be gratefully received as my head seems full of too much information and I'm going round in circles.

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #3 of 5
Well you definitely need to buy closed headphones so that you don't disturb your sleeping wife. Don't buy the beats by monster. They are closed but they leak anyways and you are pretty much paying for the trademark and end up with an overpriced not so good headphones. Why would you want noise-canceling headphones if you are going to use them in bed? Does your wife snore alot? 
biggrin.gif

I would look into the denon ah-d1100 or Audio Technica ATH-M50
both are closed, does not leak alot of sound and is around your budget.

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the quick replies i will look at those ...

Not looking necessarily for noise cancellation but would be handy for blocking out the kids noise :) just saying that those were the ones i had tried in shops and was impressed with the quality.

any more suggestions would be great 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back