OK Computer vs. Grace
Aug 26, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 41
Why would you think this would be an interesting poll?

Apples and oranges.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you think this would be an interesting poll?

Apples and oranges.

It's interesting because they are probably the two most loved rock albums of the post Grunge era.

I don't see how its apples and oranges really.....its like comparing The Who to Zeppelin.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #5 of 41
OK Computer - simply more influential.

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 41
Jeff Buckley all the way....I like Radiohead, but I think they are seriously overrated. "Last Goodbye" gives me chill bumps almost every single time I listen...BTW, I think it is a pretty good comparison.

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK Computer - simply more influential.

yep.

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 41
OK Computer.

It's a top-10-of-all-time kind of album while Grace is more like a top-200-of-all-time kind of album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's interesting because they are probably the two most loved rock albums of the post Grunge era.

Hmmmm. In that case, maybe some other albums should have been up for inclusion in the poll too
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK Computer.

It's a top-10-of-all-time kind of album while Grace is more like a top-200-of-all-time kind of album.

Hmmmm. In that case, maybe some other albums should have been up for inclusion in the poll too
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually.....in critic oriented polls I almost always see Grace top out OK Computer..... Mojo, VH1, BBC all place Grace higher, while ROlling Stone places OK Computer slightly ahead....

In listener voting polls..... I usually see Grace win by a considerable margin.....

He's not as mainstream as radiohead......but Grace is certainly the right album to be put up against OK Computer, because they are the two iconic records of the alternative rock era to entirely break away from the early 90s alternative sound.......I voted for Grace by the way

Aug 26, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #11 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oteil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeff Buckley all the way....I like Radiohead, but I think they are seriously overrated. "Last Goodbye" gives me chill bumps almost every single time I listen...BTW, I think it is a pretty good comparison.

You said it.

Jeff +1

Aug 26, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #12 of 41
So where is the option "both" in this poll? Both album are great in my opinion. If I had to pick one album it would be OK computer since I listened more to it, but ever since I discovered Buckley I love his work as well. I'll go with Radiohead for this one.

The moment I read the thread title I knew you made the poll David. Seeing as you mention Grace as being one of your favourite albums of all time quite often.

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #14 of 41
Grace is probably one of the most beautiful albums I've heard. It got my vote.

OK Computer is great also but it doesn't quite touch me the way Grace does.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #15 of 41
First there was DSOTM against ok computer, which pitted my two of my top five albums against each other. Now ok computer has to take on Grace, which is number five on my personal favorites of all time. Its not so much apples and oranges, as Thom Yorke has admitted to trying to copy Jeff Buckley's vocal style on such hits as "Fake Plastic Trees." The similarities are definitely there. And although a strong case could be made for Grace, my vote (again) is cast for Radiohead, mainly for one reason: Its completely original. Grace has three covers, which while memorable, in my mind they detract slightly from the creativity of the album. But these are both 10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back