Ok..cables can be expensive and....
Dec 9, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like they are 11,000 dollars not 13,000 pounds.

MUSICDIRECT - AUDIOQUEST - EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR

well, thats much better, placing my order now.
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ffrr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, thats much better, placing my order now.
tongue.gif

I thought id have to buy one at a time but hell, now I can get both at once.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Wayne at BJC regarding power cables and he said they are not worth it. I've seen some being sold for 10000$.
deadhorse.gif

There are plenty of people here who have experimented with power cables and noticed significant SQ differences between them. A very experienced and reputable friend of mine, a manager at a long-established audio dealer demonstrated that the differences between them could be visibly seen on TVs even (they sell Loewe TVs). However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion (and i wouldn't personally spend huge $$ on power cables unless I had a system worth more than a car or as much as a house).
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdugarry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well at least you get free shipping...
gs1000.gif

beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by punk_guy182 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know much about cables but mine are BJC and I've had no problem with them. They are affordable and of HQ from what I heard.
Monster cable tried to sue them for patenting infringement, but the owner turned them off.

monster (may they rot in hell) sues EVERYONE.

they suck as a company. I tell everyone that considers their stuff to STAY AWAY. they are a litigation company, first and foremost.

blech!!!

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are plenty of people here who have experimented with power cables and noticed significant SQ differences between them.

double blind?

doubt it.

there's no science behind it, as we all know.

the power grid is the power grid, period
wink.gif
last few feet is laughable in that it won't matter at all.

cables separate money from the uninformed. no 'pros' consider boutique cables when they MAKE music.

sigh......

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #22 of 29
I like Audioquest's cable termination method. My set of long-gone diamondbacks were an audible improvement over the in-the-box variety I had up to that point.

Snake Oil? Very possibly. It allows me to enjoy what I'm listening to better, sure, but it's not the only means to that end. I suspect many of us harbor some irrational tendencies in that department, though. Are there any of us using the garbage interconnects that came with our gear?

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Snake Oil? Very possibly. It allows me to enjoy what I'm listening to better, sure

we are people and its hard to be 'test equipment' when we bring so much to the table during a listening session.

I get the same kind of 'feeling' when I know I've built something and done a neat job with it. but I also realize that I'm not hearing anything different and its entirely the mind at play, here.

Quote:

but it's not the only means to that end. I suspect many of us harbor some irrational tendencies in that department, though. Are there any of us using the garbage interconnects that came with our gear?

for spdif and toslink? sure! they work just fine. I've never heard issues with jitter in the real world yet. maybe I have bad hearing (lol) or maybe its just not as audible as people think it is. I find MUCH more variation in mixing and mastering than I do in the 'last mile' of audio equipment, though, to be quite honest. most music is so processed that the last mile really is not all that important. if the guy making the recording had twisted an EQ knob just a bit more this way or that, it would 'blow' all differences between amps and dacs. in the larger scheme of things, the music matters more than the playback tech as ALL playback tech is, by defintion, an approximation of the real event.

Dec 9, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #25 of 29
Well stated. Sometimes we prefer to act as test equipment, but it is the rare listener who can truly divorce themselves from all externalities so well as a machine can.

I sold the farm and went with monoprice for my spdif/toslink.

Dec 9, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
double blind?

doubt it.

there's no science behind it, as we all know.

the power grid is the power grid, period
wink.gif
last few feet is laughable in that it won't matter at all.

cables separate money from the uninformed. no 'pros' consider boutique cables when they MAKE music.

sigh......

Ah... well, thanks for straightening me out! I thought I was hearing an audible difference between two power cables in my system, but I hadn't checked with you first. Now that I know it is impossible, I will just plug the power cord off my spare PC in and sell these others.

Oh yeah, by the way, could you please tell me which of my CD's are rubbish? I could use some help deciding what music I like also. Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
enjoy your power cord, mate
wink.gif

and don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

What? It's ok now? Awesome, thanks man!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back