Ohio State/Columbus/Central Ohio Meetup
Nov 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #92 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paying for parking isn't a big deal. How much money are we looking at for ~8 hours?

Somebody should really look into this. I just looked around the OSU parking pages and found this for hospital visitors (do we count as hospital visitors?). It's basically $15/day.

Medical Center Garage Information

Some Universities have zero or only short term (1-2 hours) parking for guests without a permit and gladly give tickets on Saturday and Sunday. So this could be a major problem.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #93 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If access to getting equipment in and out of the student hall that Jun and Tobin scouted is doable and not too bad for parking, lets get this nailed down.

Jun, it is now your lead to get this organized. Confirm the availability and times your room can be had. Please make it for more than a couple of hours. Perhaps 10-6 or something like that. I like to get there a little early to set up and help with whatever is needed.

If all is acceptable, we need an exact address for mapquest.

Edit: Jun has mentioned that parking will be inconvenient. Paying for parking isn't out of the question, just how far do we have to lug gear?

The room is available all day long and we also have an backup room.
Today I check the parking and found that parking outside is about $2/hr. And label as maxium of 3hrs. And the parking place is just outside of this building, but the number of positions is only about 20.
And the parking garage building is also besides this building, but I don't know whether it is open for the outsides people in the weekend or not.

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #95 of 142
Do we keep this train rolling or postpone? I'd do this if the consensus is for continuing. With Mike not making it, the ZD won't be there. Perhaps more time to make this happen?

Thank you Jun for this chance at the last moment. If we make it next weekend or not, you stepped up to help.

Nov 14, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #96 of 142
So are we on for Columbus next weekend? What's the call? I am still planning on attending.

Nov 15, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #97 of 142
It looks like I will not be able to attend a Columbus meet next week. I wouldn't mind meeting up for a bit in Dayton but Columbus adds too much driving to a lot of driving I already have to do next weekend.

Nov 15, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #98 of 142
OP, are we still on for next weekend in Columbus??

Nov 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #99 of 142
Columbus, Dayton, the rest stop on the highway ... all are fine with me. Not sure where the OP has gone but it's getting too close to the 21st to still be up in the air.

Maybe we should postpone till December, especially so AB can attend and maybe others too. I'm open any weekend (Dec - 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th). I don't mind heading up to Columbus so more can attend. Be nice to meet other head-fiers.
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #100 of 142
I think we should strongly consider postponing. Nobody is really manning the ship, and we're just scrambling to get a location locked down. The room Jun showed me isn't actually reserved, its just a room he has access to as a student/employee, so for all we know it could be filled on that day. I think we should wait till we have a solid location, then set a date, so that people don't drive 3-4hrs and get shafted.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #101 of 142
Perhaps we should reschedule the Columbus meet. It would be great to have as many people attend as possible. If there is interest for Dayton, I can still book the room for this Saturday. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested.
Tom

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #102 of 142
I could make a Dayton meet for a little while. I live very close to WSU.

Nov 16, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #103 of 142
Great!
Thanks. Anyone else? Please try to respond by this evening if you are interested in a Dayton mini-meet for this weekend.

Odigg, I am looking for at least 5-6 people to make it worthwhile to meet this weekend. I hope that you will not be offended if I decide not to host the meet if more people are not interested. Perhaps I can make a separate thread and try to have a meet at some other time.
Thanks,
Tom

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #104 of 142
Since I have only had one response for Dayton this weekend, I think I will call this attempt to host a meet a bust. Perhaps Dayton for a meet some time in the future?

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #105 of 142
For the future Columbus meet, we need to have a room officially reserved with free parking.

I think a party room at a (decent) restaurant is a good place to start. At least we'd have the food situation covered. Plus, parking will be free.

The only bad part about this is the potential noise from the main part of the restaurant. I'm sure we can all manage to keep food away from our gear so that's a non-issue.

I think it's definitely worth considering. My friend frequents Columbus and he had some good ideas. I'll check with him this week and let you know what he thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back