Ohio State/Columbus/Central Ohio Meetup
Nov 6, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #76 of 142
I'll bring a four wheel equipment cart.

I have a trip planned on Tuesday to Newark. I could see if the facility I'm visiting would let us use their property.

Tobin/Jun, is this on the hospital property? If so, I could call the facilities manager/security to see what options they could offer us.

Getting late in the game so if anyone else has an option, toss it out. Otherwise, the convention room will have to be scheduled (if one is available).

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #77 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bring a four wheel equipment cart.

I have a trip planned on Tuesday to Newark. I could see if the facility I'm visiting would let us use their property.

Tobin/Jun, is this on the hospital property? If so, I could call the facilities manager/security to see what options they could offer us.

Getting late in the game so if anyone else has an option, toss it out. Otherwise, the convention room will have to be scheduled (if one is available).

This room is belong to the college of medicine of OSU, and actually it's the student's lounge room. The only problem is there's no free parking around here and inside OSU, otherwise I and Tobin both think it's suitable for the meet.

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #78 of 142
So are we set for the 21st? Location? Time??

Panera was just a suggestion as there are quite a few around, they are cheap and the meeting room does have doors to be closed off from the public. However it would have to be booked soon to get ensure the 21st. I'm fine with Dayton and/or Columbus although I don't know my way around Columbus.

I'm still working out a couple of minor details, but still plan to attend and hope to bring ...

Shanling PCD3000A
Adcom GCD-575
Audio-Technica AT-HA20
iPod 5G 60GB

Grado SR60
Alessandro MS2i
MB Quart QP-55X
Senn PX-100
Koss PortaPro (Original & 25th Anniversary)
Crossroads MylarOne

More might be possible but that depends on a couple of things, including my roadie being able to attend.

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #81 of 142
Do we have a head count yet?
I can still get something together in Dayton if Columbus falls through (hopefully it will not!).
Tom

Nov 10, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #82 of 142
Count me and my partner in!

Gear:
Audio gd dac100
Audio gd C-2C
Jungson Moon Harbor hdcd
Audioquest Diamondback XLR
Laptop
Headroom Micro with home module
HD650 with cardas
HD580

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #83 of 142
Sorry for the delayed reply. I'll be bringing.

D7000
2005 DT880

Maybe
D5000
K240DF (I'm trying to sell it right now)

Nov 11, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #84 of 142
My partner and would like to attend, we just need to know where.
This would be my first meet but I'll be bringing:

Laptop with lossless files
Audio GD DAC100
Jungson Moon Harbour HDCD
Audio GD C-2C
HD650 with grey cardas
HD580
Headroom micro
Audioquest Diamondback XLR

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #85 of 142
Status? OP?? I looked into UC but nothing for free, would have to be scheduled and it's too late for the 21st. If the OP doesn't respond and or we can't get Columbus, I vote go Dayton.

Nov 11, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #86 of 142
I hope that we can still do this in Columbus since it seems to be the most convenient for everyone and would likely result in the best attendance. If, however, we decide to do this in Dayton I would like to know how many people would come. The conference room that we would use is generally free on the weekends so there should not be a problem getting it at the last minute. Parking is also free on the weekend at WSU. The parking lot is right in front of the building, so transport of equipment will be easy and relatively painless. One concern is the number of outlets we will need. Most likely I would have to get a hold of power strips to use which I know is less than ideal. If this does end up happening in Dayton, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that will help make this a good meet. I am really looking forward to this meet!!!
Thanks,
Tom

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #87 of 142
I could definitely join a Dayton meet and help out. I will be out of town on the 19th and the morning/afternoon the 20th so any help I can provide will be before or after that.

I think that if it's free to book a room at WSU, it might be good idea to book it just in case Columbus falls through. That way at least we can do something on the 21st.

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #88 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Status? OP?? I looked into UC but nothing for free, would have to be scheduled and it's too late for the 21st. If the OP doesn't respond and or we can't get Columbus, I vote go Dayton.

I think I could get a room at UC. I'd call the Dir. of Facilities and get something but we need to make this happen in Columbus. If we are running out of time, perhaps we move the date into Dec. and continue looking for a site.

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #89 of 142
I tend to agree with Happy Camper that the we should really try to have the meet in Columbus since the call for the meet was initiated by head-fiers there. If the 21st falls through for Columbus, we should reschedule for a later date. That being said, if Columbus doesn't work out for the 21st, I would still be willing to host a mini-meet in Dayton on the 21st if anyone is still interested. If Dayton is to happen, I would like to have a head count by next Monday.
Thanks,
Tom

Nov 12, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #90 of 142
If access to getting equipment in and out of the student hall that Jun and Tobin scouted is doable and not too bad for parking, lets get this nailed down.

Jun, it is now your lead to get this organized. Confirm the availability and times your room can be had. Please make it for more than a couple of hours. Perhaps 10-6 or something like that. I like to get there a little early to set up and help with whatever is needed.

If all is acceptable, we need an exact address for mapquest.

Edit: Jun has mentioned that parking will be inconvenient. Paying for parking isn't out of the question, just how far do we have to lug gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back