Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok.
Oct 23, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #541 of 626
@Maxvla

Comparisons of the GSX-MKII vs Rag?

I'm  thinking of moving to passive speakers..

thanks! 

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #542 of 626
Hearing is mostly cleared up. Putting the Rag through its paces before starting the comparison. Probably a week or so.

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #544 of 626

Try Us At www.electromod.co.uk

Regards

Mark

Wow Mark - Great price for us over here. Keep me posted about the Yggy and ill buy it from you. 

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #545 of 626

Regards

Mark

Wish you guys would accept Paypal!

Great prices, and I'm in the process of upgrading my separates system too!

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #546 of 626
Wish they made Schiit products in black.

Saw that they did a limited run of black products a while back (apparently due to a production mistake) but it would be great if they actually started making them.

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #547 of 626
  Wish they made Schiit products in black.

Saw that they did a limited run of black products a while back (apparently due to a production mistake) but it would be great if they actually started making them.

It was mentioned in the "Schiit Happened" thread, black units were a result of enough chassis that were not salable they had them powder coated (if not powder some form of paint coating) black as it allowed to recover the flaws in the aluminum. However seeing as more variations in product and the related complexity was not justified by the low sale volume, so they do not offer black normally.

If I'm remembering correctly Jason has said that although unlikely, if enough damaged chassis pile up black units may come to exist.

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #548 of 626
It's been repeated ad nauseum, supplying a black SKU for each Schiit product is not in line with their business model.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #549 of 626

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

It's getting a bit off-topic but let me explain my problem as a resident in Switzerland: VAT.

As far as I can see, both you and schiit-europe.com don't take in mind, that not every country in Europe is in the EU and has the same VAT. So if I order from you, I end up paying 20% UK VAT and then again Swiss customs will charge me 8% Swiss VAT.

Example: Mjolnir
ElectroMod (with VAT): 570£ + 9£ shipping = 885 CHF
Schiit.com:                    749 US$ + 80 US$ shipping = 791 CHF
ElectroMod (no VAT):   456£ + 9£ = 710 CHF

With VAT is not an option as for the same price I can order directly from Schiit and also throw in a Magni.

But if you could loose the UK VAT for orders from Switzerland, I would order right away. And I would even send you some swiss chocolate. Seriously.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #550 of 626
Any updates on Rag production? I got my order in early afternoon PST the day they went on sale, and still no shipment. You guys must be putting together a number of these that can be counted on one hand daily (which is less than the low double digits estimate) or hit some major snag for it to have not gone out yet. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #551 of 626
  Any updates on Rag production? I got my order in early afternoon PST the day they went on sale, and still no shipment. You guys must be putting together a number of these that can be counted on one hand daily (which is less than the low double digits estimate) or hit some major snag for it to have not gone out yet. 

Patience grasshopper!  ;0) Mine is order #20703 and still waiting patiently. Not a big deal...

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #552 of 626

I got this message yesterday, mine is 20768:

All we can say at this time is maybe a few more weeks, hopefully sooner.   We received our next shipment of gain boards, and we are currently in the process of building more Ragnaroks.  We are currently working on our efficiency, but as this is a new item, that is taking some time and we don’t want to sacrifice quality for quantity. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #554 of 626
Mine isn't shipping until after the 14th, but that's all I know. Which is actually good, since that's after my move.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #555 of 626
  Hi Mark,

It's getting a bit off-topic but let me explain my problem as a resident in Switzerland: VAT.

As far as I can see, both you and schiit-europe.com don't take in mind, that not every country in Europe is in the EU and has the same VAT. So if I order from you, I end up paying 20% UK VAT and then again Swiss customs will charge me 8% Swiss VAT.

Example: Mjolnir
ElectroMod (with VAT): 570£ + 9£ shipping = 885 CHF
Schiit.com:                    749 US$ + 80 US$ shipping = 791 CHF
ElectroMod (no VAT):   456£ + 9£ = 710 CHF

With VAT is not an option as for the same price I can order directly from Schiit and also throw in a Magni.

But if you could loose the UK VAT for orders from Switzerland, I would order right away. And I would even send you some swiss chocolate. Seriously.

I ordered direct from Schiit USA, and the 1 day shipping was like $30 or something, Seems OK to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back