OH MY. I THINK I HATE THESE CANS
Jan 25, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #31 of 32
The V6s have more extended and emphasized highs so you can hear the hiss. Their low impedence and high sensitivity also help to make them very revealing of flaws in equipment.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot The one thing I noticed when A/B'ng the two, was that with the 200's, there was absolutely NO hiss comming from my receiver (not audiable), but as soon as I plugged the V6's in, I'd hear very clear backround hiss. What causes this ?

"I'll Be Bock"

Jan 25, 2004 at 4:40 AM Post #32 of 32
K. I'll buy that for a dollar. So about the fact that I have to turn the volume up on my IHP about 4-5 notches in order to get equal volume can be justified by this then ? :

Sony V6: impedance: 63 ohms at 1 kHz
Sensitivity: 106 dB/mW

Senn PX 200's: impedance 32 ohms
Sensitivity 115 dB/mW

I guess eh ? Figures seem to make sense for that scenario. Anyway, I was never saying that the IHP couldn't power the Sonys, it's just that I really like the fact that I can keep the vol at 13-14 at home and be comfortable. I basically have to have the vol at around say 15-17 indoors with the Sony's. In the street, I'd prolly have to have it at 21-22, as opposed to 18-20. No biggie though. I'd really like to get a super mini now...Especially since I can forsee buying different cans in the near future. When that bug hits, it hits hard.

And now that I've heard more of what I want and don't want, there's only one thing to do....UPGRADE ! Man, I love this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back