Oh MY! I heard a shuffle for the first time today
Jan 6, 2006 at 1:40 AM Post #46 of 62
Count me in as one who's suprised by the shuffle, I borrowed my brother's while my zen micro was out for repair, and muvo slim lent out, and I was very impressed with it. Some songs just felt... lacking, but most of them sounded great. I like my new iriver flash player better, but heck, I almost went out and bought a shuffle, the only thing that kept me from it was itunes.. I don't like itunes.

Jan 6, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #47 of 62
Teerawit: I don't know about how the 5G is designed, but the frequency response for the 5G iPod now has a "normal" bass rolloff, finishing up at, IIRC, -2 db at 20hz, as opposed to the steep ones of previous iPods.

Jan 6, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
I like my new iriver flash player better, but heck, I almost went out and bought a shuffle, the only thing that kept me from it was itunes.. I don't like itunes.

I got mine for free. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought one
tongue.gif

You don't have to use itunes. I drag and drop and then use this 3rd party program which scans the files on the unit and updates the database of songs.

Jan 6, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #49 of 62
I have the 5th gen, mini 1st gen and the shuffle (gave that to the wife). I also think the 5th gen is slightly better than the shuffle. The mini sounds like crap by comparison. I just use the mini now as a portable drive and as a junker rig with my old Sony EX-51s.

Jan 6, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #51 of 62
About the Shuffle being an audiophile solution: keep in mind that it can't play Apple Lossless, but it can play WAV.

Jan 6, 2006 at 7:31 AM Post #52 of 62
are you sure about that?

It plays wavs?

im off to reripping.

EDIT:

Itunes rips in Wav and labels them!

crap... I have more then 700 songs to rerip.
One of the reasons I didnt rip wav is the whole label process.

Jan 6, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #54 of 62
all my files were encoded in apple lossless, and most likely down coverted? and stuck them in my shuffle using the hornet and my senns.
it sounds muddy with my superfi pro though, but sounds very good for a DAP with my senns.
biggrin.gif
, but needs amping with the 600s. the sound is extraordinarily clean however.

anyhow, its wav only, I get 10 songs to fit per update
biggrin.gif

I shouldve gone with the 1 gig.

Jan 6, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #59 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by mitchjordan
Where do you guys feel the nano stacks in comparison to the shuffle & 5g...

right down the middle for SQ from my brief listen, MAYBE shuffle a bit better even with some tunes, it's close. but not as good as the 5G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back