Oh My God! Welcome to Grado Facility...
Sep 24, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #16 of 87
Does it really matter how the manufacturing facility looks?

I think I appreciate Grado's even more after seeing these pictures. Even though they manufacture in an apartment they do some of the world's best headphones.

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #17 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool. Kinda takes the mystique of headphones away though. I never imagined it was slew of hispanic women assembling them!
blink.gif

What would give the right "mystique" for you then?
rolleyes.gif

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:38 PM Post #19 of 87
I like looking at these photos(from earlier postings, of course)and try to imagine that my MS2i were born in the CNC machine and the plastic bits made in the molding machine, and then being assembled by the ladies at their stations.

I know I have thanked them in other threads for the wonderful job they did on my particular set.

.....I hope they read it!

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #21 of 87
After seeing those pictures. The work condition where those headphones are made.

I will never buy Grados

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #24 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not that uncommon for a "small" audio company has a factory like this. When I toured McIntosh Labs for my school's EE group, it was pretty much similar.

You all should see IRL the baracks where the german Enigma encryption machine was cracked!

It's not the size that matters, it's what you do with it!

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #26 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After seeing those pictures. The work condition where those headphones are made.

I will never buy Grados

Why?

Sep 24, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #28 of 87
Age of machinery has nothing to do with the quality of production, you know the old saying "They don't make stuff like they used to" well appears Grado Labs still does.

I know it's not exactly relevant, but well everyone is jumping on the digital SLR camera bandwagon, I'm still using manual rangefinders that are 50+ years old and they still produce stunning photos.

The only thing that kinda bugged me about the tour photos, was how everything is just thrown into a box. I take much better care of my equipment then that. Also I'm not sure how the workers feel, but I think in this day and age some ergonomic chairs might be nice, those old industrial stools look bloody uncomfortable.

Sep 24, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #30 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will never buy Grados

nice to see your support for a traditional family run business!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back