Oh look, an AE-2 !
Jan 29, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #16 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too milk chocolatty for me. But it shure looks good in it's own right.
Thanks for the pics.

This is not the only choice so one's MMV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcajun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I chose this color and yellow led in hopes that not many others would.

I personally think this is a great colour combination and is a nice change from all the black and silver units we see day in and day out.

Jan 29, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #17 of 53
This is great -- the ever-evolving art and craft of our providers keeps steadily advancing the level of SQ and personal enjoyment of our obsession -- I mean hobby.
orphsmile.gif

And the speed with which this thread is growing is a pretty good indication of the interest and support for this new entry.

Jan 29, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #19 of 53
I think i might go buy a brown Zune just so they match!
Maybe take a picture then return it. :)
Cause i already have an iriver H120.

By the way, the AE-2 would look very tiny next to a Zune but then it is quite small anyway.

" confirm that the RCA jacks act as a loop out for the mini jack and vice versa? "

Ummm, tell me how it is suppose to work and i will try it later when i get home again.

Jan 29, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #21 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by calcajun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think i might go buy a brown Zune just so they match!
Maybe take a picture then return it. :)
Cause i already have an iriver H120.

By the way, the AE-2 would look very tiny next to a Zune but then it is quite small anyway.

" confirm that the RCA jacks act as a loop out for the mini jack and vice versa? "

Ummm, tell me how it is suppose to work and i will try it later when i get home again.

Ah, well if you put rca cables from your source into the rca jacks of your AE-2, those AE-2 jacks serve as an input and bingo you get sound out of your headphone out. But if instead you take an rca to mini cable from your source and feed it into the mini input jack of your AE-2, the rca jacks of the AE-2 are now loop outputs. to test this, put any source into the mini input jacks of your AE2, then thread a cable from your AE2 rca jacks to an amp/receiver and see what happens. if you get sound, BINGO the loop out works!

Jan 29, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #22 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just noticed, serial #19? Wow more people put in pre-orders than I thought! I should've pre-ordered one too...
frown.gif

there was a preorder??
frown.gif

OP, congrats on the amp. I love Headamp's build quality.

Jan 29, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #23 of 53
I think there were 4 choices but don't recall so don't take this as official.
I THINK there is
Black, gold, silver and copper. I could be wrong on one. certainly not the copper.
Led was red, green or yellow.

This is not official info, i think these were my color options.

Jan 29, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #27 of 53
Nice pics! Even though the initial post pics are great, these seem to show the beautiful coppery finish much better. A very rich look.

Hey! It matches my Il Laboratorio del Gelato chocolate gelato avatar (…when I use it, of course…).

Jan 30, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #28 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there was a preorder??
frown.gif

OP, congrats on the amp. I love Headamp's build quality.

As I understand it, Justin's been taking orders for the AE-2 ever since he stopped production on the AE-1 - all you had to do was order an AE-1 from him and then he'd ship out the AE-2 instead, when it was done.
redface.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #29 of 53
Glad to see it's finally here. Looks very nice!

Jan 30, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #30 of 53
I like the choco look. What about that blue anodized one pictured in a thread not long ago(can't find it). I think Justin commented in that thread about maybe producing those custom jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back