Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion thread -- FW3.0.6 beta
Jan 18, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #274 of 297
I'm going nuts with this Fiio X7 trying to upgrade to 3.1.3 Beta FW - mainly because I want to use the Play Store to install Synology's DS File (so I can D/L music from my Synology to the Fiio X7 directly). Play Store on 2.0 FW is a frustrating experience all on it's own.

My upgrade attempts have driven me to near madness over the last two days and I am hoping I can find some help via the forums.

I can follow all of the steps and get the device to connect to the upgrade tool, no problem. However, when I click the upgrade button it goes by in a second, the app starts to flicker and nothing really happens. I have been in contact with Fiio support directly with no real help coming from them.

When I check the device being installed by Windows for the Fiio X7 I too see "Android" in device manager (running Windows 10 x64, my PC only has USB3 SuperSpeed ports) which seems not to be correct. I have tried to no avail to manually install the Rockchip driver - thinking the issue may be resolved if I get the right driver installed.

However, the "Android" device's Hardware ID is USB\VID_2207&PID_0006 but looking in the INF file for the Rockchip driver that Hardware ID is not listed...anyone have any idea how I might be able to get around this? I do have the an amp module installed throughout all of this, but did not see anywhere that it needed to be removed.

When I used it, I enjoyed the device.

Jan 19, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #276 of 297
  I'm going nuts with this Fiio X7 trying to upgrade to 3.1.3 Beta FW - mainly because I want to use the Play Store to install Synology's DS File (so I can D/L music from my Synology to the Fiio X7 directly). Play Store on 2.0 FW is a frustrating experience all on it's own.

My upgrade attempts have driven me to near madness over the last two days and I am hoping I can find some help via the forums.

I can follow all of the steps and get the device to connect to the upgrade tool, no problem. However, when I click the upgrade button it goes by in a second, the app starts to flicker and nothing really happens. I have been in contact with Fiio support directly with no real help coming from them.

When I check the device being installed by Windows for the Fiio X7 I too see "Android" in device manager (running Windows 10 x64, my PC only has USB3 SuperSpeed ports) which seems not to be correct. I have tried to no avail to manually install the Rockchip driver - thinking the issue may be resolved if I get the right driver installed.

However, the "Android" device's Hardware ID is USB\VID_2207&PID_0006 but looking in the INF file for the Rockchip driver that Hardware ID is not listed...anyone have any idea how I might be able to get around this? I do have the an amp module installed throughout all of this, but did not see anywhere that it needed to be removed.

When I used it, I enjoyed the device.

Dear Knowcrap,

So which progress you are having issue?

You have installed the driver successfully, right?

The computer can read the X7 successfully, and you can get something like rockXXX from device manager, right?

But the progress bar won't goes or what other issue?  You may contact us via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/, so we can reply you on time.

Best regards 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 19, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #277 of 297
  Dear genazah,

You may send the APE files having that issue to support@fiio.net. Thank you in advance! 

Best regards 

Other problems with the sound in my post did you notice?
My X7 after installing the latest 3.1.3 beta-version continues after switching, or change the folder, oftentimes no sound, or is it distorted, slow, fast, quiet, or just a sharp noise. Rebooting does not help. In a few minutes after turning off the sound is normal. Sometimes you need an hour.

The same happens DAC. Any files DSD, WAV, Flac and Flac Hi-Res.

Jan 20, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #278 of 297
  Dear Knowcrap,

So which progress you are having issue?

You have installed the driver successfully, right?

The computer can read the X7 successfully, and you can get something like rockXXX from device manager, right?

But the progress bar won't goes or what other issue?  You may contact us via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO/, so we can reply you on time.

Best regards 

Unfortunately still having the same issue. I tried across 3 computers using 5 different USB2 cables.

After verifying that the driver package was installed correctly I performed the following:

1. Power unit off
2. Launch X7 FW Update Tool as administrator
3. Press & hold vol + button
4. Plug in micro USB cable

I always have the same result after many, many (many!) attempts. The unit powers up with welcome screen and I see the battery logo for a moment then the screen goes blank. The upgrade now button will turn green but checking device manager I always see the Android driver loaded, not the Rockchip driver.

I do click the upgrade now button but it does not perform the upgrade (as expected). Checking the log file for the update tool I always see the same result:
Init exe and start to set firmware, pleaser wait...
set firmware success!
Start update
Start scan dev
burnning mode, overpass the step of swithcToRock
Start update thread
Upgraded failed!
Start restore thread
RK_Restore failed!

I also verified the unit with the code on the box via the Fiio website to ensure that I have a genuine device, the check was successful, device is authentic.

I believe the X7 is a good device, but it does not meet my needs with FW 2.0 and without an ability to upgrade I cannot keep it. So, after 3 days I have given up and returned the unit. Sorry, but I believe I may have a defective unit and I don't want to spend more time trying to upgrade.

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #279 of 297
With last firmware 3.1.4, not scanning, imposible to play a lot of folders. Same errors, same logs. I sent all.

Clicking on songs of a lot of folders does nothing.

Chinese characteres on a lot of songs.

Really bad spanish translation.

Not option to queue a song, not option to read embedded lyrics, not option to read more than one artist, genre, etc. separate by semicolon, not use of "Disc Number" tag, not option to read and catalog by "Composer" instead of "Artist".

A music player does not take or use the advantage of embeded music TAGs developed to catalog, order and store music info, like Lyrics, more than one album art, artist, composer, album disc number, song track number, RATINGS, etc. MediaMonkey for PC is one of the best programs that use all tags and scanned more than 20.000 songs in seconds. Yes, in seconds. Allow to play, for example, the best rating songs. Or search by artist, composer, album, etc.

This is desperately maddening. Returning again to 2.0 in other play songs and listen music.

iRiver H-140, in year 2000, has more options to any 2015 and beyond music player. We are falling back on technology like crabs. 

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #280 of 297
for those using the windows tool, before unzipping, right-click the zip file, go to properties, and see if you can 'unblock' the file.

if you do that, then unzip and try to see if it works.

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #281 of 297
http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41959&extra=page%3D1
[size=small]Thank you so much for your attention and support to FiiO X7. Especiallymany of you actively offer feedback about our weekly beta version firmware after X7 is upgraded to Android 5.1. Those are really valuable suggestions to us![/size]
[size=small]We have kept recording your feedback and suggestion and try to fix all the bugs currently exist. Also we will try to add new functions for you to better enjoy music on our X7.

Today's FW3.1.4_beta will be the last beta firmware for the X7 before Chinese New Year. Hope you enjoy it!
[/size]

[size=small]Kindly note that this is a beta version and might not be stable enough compared to the stable versions. So please think carefully before upgrading with this firmware.

If you have already upgraded the X7's firwmare to the FW3.0beta or a later version, you can download the OTA firmware package, transfer it to the X7 or micro SD card, and upgrade manually through the Technical support app on the X7.
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nxy428o7tixvv9e/X7-ota-3.1.4.zip?dl=0
>>How to upgrade   (see method 2: Manual update via update zip file)

If you have not yet upgraded the firwmare to the FW3.0beta or a later version, please download the X7 firmware upgrade tool package and use the upgrade tool to upgrade the firmware.
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw62hk2hybd6sbx/X7%20Firmware%20Upgrade%20Tool%20with%20FW3.1.4_beta.zip?dl=0
>> How to upgrade
[/size]

[size=small]The following changes and improvements have been made to the X7 FW3.1.4_beta compared to the FW3.1.3_beta.[/size]
[size=small]1. Fixed issue where the "Unfortunately, Android System has stopped." notification might appear repeatedly after setting the wallpaper through the Gallery app in some cases;[/size]
[size=small]2. Fixed issue where the title of some tracks would be displayed incorrectly;[/size]
[size=small]3. Fixed issue where playing progress bar was not displayed for some third-party music apps;[/size]
[size=small]4. Fixed issue where the video playback would freeze in the Youtube app.[/size]

[size=small]Note:
1. About the issues that some Apps can't save the offline music files to extra mSD card, we now can make it work but the problem is that you can't store to the built-in memory anymore.  We are still waiting the final solution from Rockchip.

2. Before scaning the media library, please try to remove the folders FiiO Music and imageloader firstly.
If it fails to scan the media library, please send the crash folder("internal_sd\FiiOMusic\crash") to us at support@fiio.net.
[/size]

[size=small]3. You can post in this thread if you have any issues with this version. But if you encounter serious problems, you may consider flashing back to a stable release.
Download link for stable firmware FW2.0:  X7 Firmware Upgrade Tool with FW2.0 (>>backup download link)
Or you prefer to flash back to FW3.1.3_beta(
[/size]click here[size=small]) via firmware upgrade tool if you want. [/size]

[size=small]Supplemental explanation about the failed scanning issue:[/size]
[size=small]At present, we directly cache the album cover to a special folder on the internal memory, when scanning the songs embeded with album cover. But we finnally find that the album covers can not be cached if there are more than 10,000 ones in this folder, then the scanning will be forced to stop. [/size]

[size=small]We will change the above design and plan to save the album cover as database form, other than be cached any more. Because this change needs more time to test and verify, we decide not fix it on this firmware 3.1.4_beta. Hope you can understand it.[/size]

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #282 of 297
  http://fiio.net:8000/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41959&extra=page%3D1

I saw that on their web site good to know they have found the answer to the scanning issue
rolleyes.gif

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #283 of 297
  I saw that on their web site good to know they have found the answer to the scanning issue
rolleyes.gif

and the stupid thing is that i KNEW that their software did that. because that's how i discovered that i had some files with embedded album art which wasn't necessary. but yeah. after the fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back