Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion thread -- FW3.0.6 beta
Dec 21, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #241 of 297
  Anyone have info on this? Posted over at the Fiio site with no response.

Fiio, are you currently working on a way to display track information over Bluetooth to car stereos? I have a 2017 Subaru WRX (Fujitsu Head Unit) that displays no information. Please let me know if you need anymore information and thank you!

Also, FLAC files are not showing up on DLNA QNAP server!

Dear mesabassman,

Thank you for your feedback to us. The issues you reported exist in X7. We are trying to analyse the reason and fixing the problem in later firmware if possible.

Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 28, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #242 of 297
  I have the same album and the same problem with the display of text:

The album artist should read: Sigur Rós
The album title should read: Ágætis Byrjun

They display as shown in CH23's picture. (Curiously the text displays correctly in folder view. However, the artist is out of order, but that is a problem even with artists and albums that do not include accented or other foreign characters.) 

Another name that doesn't display properly is Arvo Pärt - the "ä" still shows as a Chinese character.

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #243 of 297
after painstakingly going through my music, i managed to make a list of tracks that don't display correctly (which i will add to this post later. cleaning up the list now)

what I did notice in the track sorting of everything, is that tracks containing a forward slash (/) will be at the bottom, instead of at the position they should be
A
B
C
---
X
Y
Z
# <---there

I also noticed that tracks containing spaces or dots can come at any order:
aaabbba
aaa bbb
aaabbb

the correct order for above list should be
aaa bbb
aaabbb
aaabbbc

tracks or artists containing ö followed by y will show up as a chinese character. same goes for some other letters containing Tréma (double dots, like ï ö ü ë ä, etcetera)

The following artists show up wrong:
Concrète Sound System (èt turns to chinese character)
Röyksopp (öy turns to chinese character)
Sigur Rós (ós turns to chinese character)

The following albums show up wrong:
Medúlla (úl turns to chinese character)
Premiers Symptômes [ep] (ôm turns to chinese character)
Radio - Aktivität (ät
turns to chinese character)
Wärme - Cosmic Love (är turns to chinese character)
Ágætis Byrjun (Ág AND æt show up as 2 chinese characters)

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #244 of 297

this is a selection of the tracknames that show up as they shouldn't
below, in order, the tracknames as they are:
18 Sekúndur Fyrir Sólarupprás
72°S 149°E
80°S 96°E
Dauðalogn
Geigerzähler
Heimatklänge
Jóga
Miðvikudags
Neuköln
Ätherwellen
Radioaktivität
Schüttel Deinen Speck
Sigur Rós
s'Rothe-Zäuerli
Starálfur
Tour De France Étape
Öll birtan
Étude
Ágætis Byrjun

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #245 of 297
  after painstakingly going through my music, i managed to make a list of tracks that don't display correctly (which i will add to this post later. cleaning up the list now)

what I did notice in the track sorting of everything, is that tracks containing a forward slash (/) will be at the bottom, instead of at the position they should be
A
B
C
---
X
Y
Z
# <---there

I also noticed that tracks containing spaces or dots can come at any order:
aaabbba
aaa bbb
aaabbb

the correct order for above list should be
aaa bbb
aaabbb
aaabbbc

tracks or artists containing ö followed by y will show up as a chinese character. same goes for some other letters containing Tréma (double dots, like ï ö ü ë ä, etcetera)

The following artists show up wrong:
Concrète Sound System (èt turns to chinese character)
Röyksopp (öy turns to chinese character)
Sigur Rós (ós turns to chinese character)

The following albums show up wrong:
Medúlla (úl turns to chinese character)
Premiers Symptômes [ep] (ôm turns to chinese character)
Radio - Aktivität (ät
turns to chinese character)
Wärme - Cosmic Love (är turns to chinese character)
Ágætis Byrjun (Ág AND æt show up as 2 chinese characters)

Dear CH23,

Thank you for the feedback. We will report to the engineers.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 29, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #246 of 297
  Dear CH23,

Thank you for the feedback. We will report to the engineers.

Best regards

I hope it helps :)

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #247 of 297
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41869&extra=page%3D1

BETA firmware 3.1.1 released.

[size=small]The following improvements and changes have been made to the FW3.1.1beta compared to the FW3.0.13beta:[/size]
[size=small]1. Added Gapless playback function[/size]
[size=small]2. Added manually switching folders when Play through folders was set to on[/size]
[size=small]3. Added support to M4A format with HE-AAC coding[/size]
[size=small]4. Added ViPER Effect without network limit[/size]
[size=small]5. Fixed issue of impulsive sound resulting from switching songs when ViPEF Effect was set to on.[/size]
[size=small]6. Fixed issue of wrong sequence of playlists on interface after clicking the play button[/size]
[size=small]7. Fixed issue of noise when playing 352.8kHz/DXD format files[/size]
[size=small]8. Fixed issues of abnormal exiting and playlist resulting from Resume playback[/size]
[size=small]9. Fixed issue of scan failure resulting from large cover of some songs[/size]
[size=small]10. Fixed issue of wrong order of albums after clicking the play button or using Resume playback.[/size]
[size=small]11. Fixed issue where tracks would be repeated within one loop at shuffle play mode;[/size]
[size=small]12. Fixed issue where some track names were displayed incorrectly[/size]
[size=small]13. Fixed issue where the device couldn't go to sleep mode without playing after power-on;[/size]
[size=small]14. Fixed issue of abnormal brightness adjustment for the pulsar light;[/size]
[size=small]15. Fixed issue where the ES file explorer is not available to uninstall;[/size]
[size=small]16. Improved issue where popping noise might be heard when changing tracks;[/size]
[size=small]17. Miscellaneous bug fixes.[/size]

[size=small]Note:[/size]
[size=small]1. As for the ViPEF Effect, the network connection is just needed at your first purchase, but not after that. [/size]
[size=small]The X7 should connect to netwrok again for making ViPEF Effect be available if after factory data reset or flashing the X7 via firmware upgrade tool. [/size]
[size=small]It might take a little time to boot the ViPEF Effect because it is placed on the server in China at this time.[/size]

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #249 of 297
  Gapless works great.

Scanning large libraries with embedded Cover Art is still fubar.

i thought so from the 2 other threads in which you also commented that :wink:

time to play some gapless requiring albums.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #251 of 297
  Gapless works great.

Scanning large libraries with embadded Cover Art is still fubar.

So @JamesFiiO  I see your spending your time on the new X5iii thread.  How about answering a question for me.  I see there's a new beta firmware released on your chinese site.  It doesn't mentioned anything about fixing the scanning issue of large libraries.  The only workaround is removing embedded cover art.

Do you guys plan on addressing this?  If so, when?  If not please let us know so we can move on to something else.  It's getting old waiting week after week for a fix and nothing comes.  

For those of you interested Gapless works great with the new FW3.1.1 beta.  

Scanning large libraries with embedded Cover Art still isn't working.

harpo1 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

And it still doesn't scan all tracks with embedded cover art if you have large libraries.  Stops at the same point as it has for the last 5 or 6 beta versions.  Without cover art embedded in each track it scans all tracks just fine.

I sent my log file from the crash folder to support@fiio.net.

the above is my point.

I understand you want this fixed, and it should be. but I don't think this is the way to go about it.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #252 of 297

the above is my point.

I understand you want this fixed, and it should be. but I don't think this is the way to go about it.

First of all the first post was before the beta was available to us and I was asking James a question.  Then I post once in this thread and once in the main thread to let people with the same problem know.  Then you quote me from fiio.me site where fiio requested bug reports be posted.  

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #253 of 297
  First of all the first post was before the beta was available to us and I was asking James a question.  Then I post once in this thread and once in the main thread to let people with the same problem know.  Then you quote me from fiio.me site where fiio requested bug reports be posted.  

alright, sorry.

I apologise then.

Again, don't get me wrong. I completely understand the frustration of having to change your stuff because the 800$ device doesn't even do stuff a 50$ sansa clip will.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #254 of 297

alright, sorry.

I apologise then.

Again, don't get me wrong. I completely understand the frustration of having to change your stuff because the 800$ device doesn't even do stuff a 50$ sansa clip will.

Apology accepted.  The X7 is getting there I just wished they would convey to us where they stand with this scanning issue and whether or not they believe they can fix it.

Dec 31, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #255 of 297
Presumably the X5III will have to run this same firmware and the X5III release is imminent (as denoted also by the 3.1.1 and not 3.0.x)
I think this is now starting to become "urgent" for FiiO to get this firmware done.

From a market perspective, the X7 and now X5III are their first foray into the wonders of Android, and its a steep learning curve to adapt Android to your own liking (my company has done this).

Sony is the only other player whose devices I have tried in this space that do full android. Astell and Kern uses it, but theirs is unrecognizable as Android anymore, and they are hopeless on OS X, so I got rid of mine.

So, this is a big learning curve, but I also believe time is running out before the new X5III launches and folks have no choice but to run it.

Im actually now in a spot where I am looking to possibly switch:
If Astell and Kern enabled proper USB Mass storage I will defect.
If Sony starts to support playlists that included songs in multiple storage locations I will defect.
If FiiO fixes this stuff then there is no reason to move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back