Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion thread -- FW3.0.6 beta
Nov 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #151 of 297
  I discover the problem related to not scanning all songs that harpo1 and me reported several times ago.

The problem is the long path to the files that is very limited and shortened in FW 3.0.x. or FW 3.0.x has a problem with long paths that needs to be corrected.

All my files and folders name are long, but the full path to a file (a song) is very more short than the standard long path that any device admits and support. All my long paths runs on Windows, Linux, Android and on every device except Fiio X7 with FW 3.0.x. On FW 2.0 all long paths runs perfectly. Because of this, the problem is not about how long our paths are, the problem is that FW 3.0 has problems to manage this does need to be solved.

Please Fiio solve this bug and you solve the scanning problems and the files that i can't play on Fiio X7 with firmware FW 3.0.x.

can I ask you to check the complete path length of one of the tracks that it doesn't scan?

The longest path i have is for

Death Grips/2013 - Government Plates/Death Grips - 2013 - Government Plates - 101 - You Might Think He Loves You For Your Money But I Know What He Really Loves You For It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat.flac

coming in at 235 character, or 219 without /mnt/external_sd

it scanned it, it plays it.

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #152 of 297

can I ask you to check the complete path length of one of the tracks that it doesn't scan?

Death Grips/2013 - Government Plates/Death Grips - 2013 - Government Plates - 101 - You Might Think He Loves You For Your Money But I Know What He Really Loves You For It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat.flac

This path not run for me on FW 3.0:
30 Clásica\Locatelli, Pietro Antonio\2016 L'Arte del Violino (Locatelli Violin Concertos) (DSD128 2.0 Bin) - Lisa Jacobs, The String Soloists\03 3. Andante (Locatelli Violin Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 3, No. 2).dsf

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #153 of 297

This path not run for me on FW 3.0:
30 Clásica\Locatelli, Pietro Antonio\2016 L'Arte del Violino (Locatelli Violin Concertos) (DSD128 2.0 Bin) - Lisa Jacobs, The String Soloists\03 3. Andante (Locatelli Violin Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 3, No. 2).dsf

any other .dsf files that WERE scanned?

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #154 of 297
Any chance you can change the filename by one letter:

30 Clasica\Locatelli, Pietro Antonio\2016 L'Arte del Violino (Locatelli Violin Concertos) (DSD128 2.0 Bin) - Lisa Jacobs, The String Soloists\03 3. Andante (Locatelli Violin Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 3, No. 2).dsf

and see if it scans?  Not sure - but given its android base (close to linux), I'm wondering if it is a character issue?

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #155 of 297

30 Clasica\Locatelli, Pietro Antonio\2016 L'Arte del Violino (Locatelli Violin Concertos) (DSD128 2.0 Bin) - Lisa Jacobs, The String Soloists\03 3. Andante (Locatelli Violin Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 3, No. 2).dsf

and see if it scans?  Not sure - but given its android base (close to linux), I'm wondering if it is a character issue?

i was thinking that but /Sigur Rós/1999 - Ágætis Byrjun/Sigur Rós - 1999 - Ágætis Byrjun - 107 - Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása.flac scans for me just fine (i know i have an À, not an à in there, so there's still a chance, albeit small)

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #156 of 297
  any other .dsf files that WERE scanned?

Yes. A lot. More than 400 albums with dsf files are scanned and plays correctly.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #157 of 297

O lot of other albums in 30 Clásica, with the especial spanish character "á", scans and plays correctly.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #158 of 297

Also think that all my long paths are stored on an external 1 TB. pendrive. Not internal or external_sd. I'm not sure what is the full path name for external usb storage: mnt/....

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #159 of 297
  I discover the problem related to not scanning all songs that harpo1 and me reported several times ago.

The problem is the long path to the files that is very limited and shortened in FW 3.0.x. or FW 3.0.x has a problem with long paths that needs to be corrected.

All my files and folders name are long, but the full path to a file (a song) is very more short than the standard long path that any device admits and support. All my long paths runs on Windows, Linux, Android and on every device except Fiio X7 with FW 3.0.x. On FW 2.0 all long paths runs perfectly. Because of this, the problem is not about how long our paths are, the problem is that FW 3.0 has problems to manage this does need to be solved.

Please Fiio solve this bug and you solve the scanning problems and the files that i can't play on Fiio X7 with firmware FW 3.0.x.

Hi, JaviAl
We have tested the path you told but failed to reproduce the same issue. Could you please try to use the internal storage or another TF cards to see whether it helps? If you are convenient, please send this song to us as well. We will go on finding the reason for that issue.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 28, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #160 of 297
my X7 on fw3.0.9b slowly emptied itself while playing music while plugged in into a 5.2v 2.4A (genuine apple branded) charger. the module i use is AM2, volume at 54, with Grado PS1000 headphones.
After last time, I swapped out the charger for another one. never had these issues prior to the beta firmwares.

EDIT: my wifi is turned off, but it shows that wifi was on the entire time.
attached some screenshots.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #161 of 297
I also have a problem with the X7 not scanning all tracks (none of the 3.0 beta firmware, including the latest 3.0.9 has scanned all the tracks on the external SD card). There seems to be some limit (at around 8300 tracks worth of files, mostly FLAC). The albums that are not detected in a full scan cannot even be played using the folder mode of FiiO Music (HibyMusic also does not play them, and returns 'unknown error') but are playable in ES Chromecast Player. When more music is added to the X7, it is not detected by a scan. However, if I reset the database and then scan a single folder containing any undetected album from the full scan then the tracks are detected and playable in FiiO Music. If I then go and try to scan the rest of my music (without resetting the database), the undetected albums are now different (likely the ones that would be scanned last when doing a full scan from scratch), as is the total number of tracks scanned (but only slightly). The scan seems to run only until some amount of music (in MB) is scanned, and then just stops. (I do not think it has anything to do with the length of file path - this could easily be tested by resetting the database and scanning just one file with a long file path.)

I have also been having a similar problems to the one reported above: the battery discharges when it is plugged in and playing. This problem started from firmware 3.0.8.

There are also still problems with displaying foreign characters (e.g. the last two letters of "Sigur Rós" display as Chinese characters). This has been a problems since the first 3.0 beta firmware (despite it being reported as fixed in one of the lists of bug fixes for a beta firmware update).

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #162 of 297
  I also have a problem with the X7 not scanning all tracks (none of the 3.0 beta firmware, including the latest 3.0.9 has scanned all the tracks on the external SD card). There seems to be some limit (at around 8300 tracks worth of files, mostly FLAC). The albums that are not detected in a full scan cannot even be played using the folder mode of FiiO Music (HibyMusic also does not play them, and returns 'unknown error') but are playable in ES Chromecast Player. When more music is added to the X7, it is not detected by a scan. However, if I reset the database and then scan a single folder containing any undetected album from the full scan then the tracks are detected and playable in FiiO Music. If I then go and try to scan the rest of my music (without resetting the database), the undetected albums are now different (likely the ones that would be scanned last when doing a full scan from scratch), as is the total number of tracks scanned (but only slightly). The scan seems to run only until some amount of music (in MB) is scanned, and then just stops. (I do not think it has anything to do with the length of file path - this could easily be tested by resetting the database and scanning just one file with a long file path.)

I have also been having a similar problems to the one reported above: the battery discharges when it is plugged in and playing. This problem started from firmware 3.0.8.

There are also still problems with displaying foreign characters (e.g. the last two letters of "Sigur Rós" display as Chinese characters). This has been a problems since the first 3.0 beta firmware (despite it being reported as fixed in one of the lists of bug fixes for a beta firmware update).

What SD card are you using?

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #163 of 297

I wonder if there's still a sort of maximum of tracks it can store in the database.

I see the correct name for artists on the screen where album art is shown, in the progress bar, folder view, and track view, but indeed on the small bottom bar (album art, player controls next to that) it shows up wrong.

What SD card are you using?

I doubt it's because of the SD card.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #165 of 297
  I wonder if there's still a sort of maximum of tracks it can store in the database.

I see the correct name for artists on the screen where album art is shown, in the progress bar, folder view, and track view, but indeed on the small bottom bar (album art, player controls next to that) it shows up wrong.

I doubt it's because of the SD card.

I disagree.  My 128gb card scans all files just fine.  However, I have three sandisk 200gb cards and none of these will scan all my files.  Plus if I go into recovery mode all my sd cards mount just fine except the 200gb cards.  I get the unable to mount external sd card with the 200gb cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back