Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion thread -- FW3.0.6 beta
Nov 28, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #166 of 297
  I disagree.  My 128gb card scans all files just fine.  However, I have three sandisk 200gb cards and none of these will scan all my files.  Plus if I go into recovery mode all my sd cards mount just fine except the 200gb cards.  I get the unable to mount external sd card with the 200gb cards.

you don't happen to have an X5 laying around somewhere, do you?

what's the filesystem on the 200GB cards?

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #167 of 297
  I see the correct name for artists on the screen where album art is shown, in the progress bar, folder view, and track view, but indeed on the small bottom bar (album art, player controls next to that) it shows up wrong.

The problem I mentioned with foreign characters not displaying correctly (and Chinese characters appearing instead) occurs everywhere in Fiio Music for me (except in the folder view and under "Path" in the "Track Info", where everything is fine). These characters displayed correctly in firmware 2.0.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #169 of 297
  The problem I mentioned with foreign characters not displaying correctly (and Chinese characters appearing instead) occurs everywhere in Fiio Music for me (except in the folder view and under "Path" in the "Track Info", where everything is fine). These characters displayed correctly in firmware 2.0.

Can you go into recovery mode and see if your 200gb card will mount?

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #170 of 297
  I disagree.  My 128gb card scans all files just fine.  However, I have three sandisk 200gb cards and none of these will scan all my files.  Plus if I go into recovery mode all my sd cards mount just fine except the 200gb cards.  I get the unable to mount external sd card with the 200gb cards.

My 200GB card is almost full of music. The 8300 or so tracks that do scan add up to more than 128GB, and so there would obviously be no problem with scanning all the tracks on a 128GB card.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #171 of 297
  I have an X3ii and all three cards work fine in it.  They're all format ExFat.

Could you format one of the cards in the X3ii, then try again?
I'm asking because i've never had issues with my 200gb card, which i formatted in my X5.

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #175 of 297
  Volume up and power.

I had tried that first, and it didn't work. So then I went and looked at FiiO's instructions which say "Hold the Volume down and Power button to enter the recovery mode" which made me think I should be holding the "volume down" button (down!), rather than holding the "volume up" button.

Anyway, it worked just now when I tried again. It says (three times): "E: failed to mount /mnt/external_sd (Invalid argument)"

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #176 of 297
  I had tried that first, and it didn't work. So then I went and looked at FiiO's instructions which say "Hold the Volume down and Power button to enter the recovery mode" which made me think I I should be holding the "volume down" button (down!), rather than holding the "volume up" button.

Anyway, it worked just now when I tried again. It says (three times): "E: failed to mount /mnt/external_sd (Invalid argument)"

This I think is the problem.  Any card I have below 200gb don't get this error.  This is where @FiiO needs to troubleshoot this issue with 200gb cards.

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #177 of 297
  Hi, JaviAl
We have tested the path you told but failed to reproduce the same issue. Could you please try to use the internal storage or another TF cards to see whether it helps? If you are convenient, please send this song to us as well. We will go on finding the reason for that issue.

I tried again on an pendrive with only 2 albums with long paths and runs perfect without problems scanning and playing. Also the scanning is very quickly. The problem is with my 1 TB. pendrive with 507 GB. used with music files and artwork.

Like others are saying, the problem is not about long full paths. Sorry for the confusion. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #178 of 297
I check this path on some different USB pendrives with X7 with FW 3.0.9 and not run on any pendrive devices. Also on pendrives with only this file and path it takes about 2 minutes to scan and then say 0 files scanned:

30 Clásica\Berlioz, Hector\1969 Grande Messe des Morts (Requiem, Op. 5, Berlioz) (R2004) (DSD64 2.0) - Maurice Abranel\01 Requiem Aeternam et Kyrie - Introitus (Requiem, Op. 5, Berlioz) - Maurice Abravanel.dsf

In FW 2.0 runs perfectly in all pendrive devices. 

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #179 of 297
Anyone able to download the new 3.0.10 FW before dropbox suspended their account for to much traffic?  You would think fiio is large enough now they could host their own server or pay for one.  

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #180 of 297
  Anyone able to download the new 3.0.10 FW before dropbox suspended their account for to much traffic?  You would think fiio is large enough now they could host their own server or pay for one.  

Baidu cloud link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nuIMXW9 but it's slow AF :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back