Official X5 1st gen beta firmware thread--version 2.51: 8 new updates
Dec 16, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #136 of 437
Please fix that the file format and quality not seen clarify because the text is over the cover image.

Also need to not show only at the begining on the song, need to show always like the song name, artist,etc. Its interesting including this info behing the song text or in a a top black band (like the bottom black band with the song text).

Also the info must contain the bit rate, for example:

MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, CBR 192 Kbps.
MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, VBR 160 Kbps. etc.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #137 of 437
Please, a key to mark a song to be next to play before the actual song play ends and then continue in the order of the folder or library on that new song. All without adding to favorites or playlist. Simple.

For example, hold the center play button for 2 seconds to mark a song in the library or in a folder to be the next to play.

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #138 of 437
With regard to opening up the FW, FiiO has stated long ago that this won't happen due to the agreement they have with the FW developer. It's Intellectual Property that just doesn't belong to anyone who wants to play with it. It's in the contract and it will never happen.

This contract was born during the second attempt to produce a DAP by FiiO, the current X3, as the first FW company kinda fell on their face. The first attempt at the X3 was 2 years previous to the current model and never made it to market. For the X3 FiiO changed the FW company and they are currently responsible for all of FiiO's X series DAPs. I'm not sure what the relationship is with the present FW company (as in did FiiO absorb them in to their business), but they have grown by leaps and bounds working with FiiO and they should be proud of their work.

Dec 16, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #139 of 437
I don't want the switch to prevent me from making your mistake. I want it because otherwise I have to reset it from one setting to the other at least 8 times a day (and often more). That's a complete PITA. Don't assume that everyone else's usage patterns are the same as your own.

Unfortunately I don't think such a setting would be intuitive to most users as to what it does and why such a setting would be useful. If we could release several custom versions of each firmware we may consider your suggestion for one of them but unfortunately we can't. Actually I don't think I've ever heard of any player software or player with such a feature switch :blink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 16, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #140 of 437
android base software does this, and i hate it from within...
why would you ever need a comfirmation to higher the volume? i want volume, i take the volume up. with something like hd800, the volume at max is not high, so this would be one of the worst ideeas.

if anyone is having kids, let them push their ears. they will stop doing it by themselves. you are not helping them otherwise, think about it like you are a child. if an adult will tell you, don't do that, you will try with all of your power to do it. it is not your fault, as a parent, it is just how the human mind works.

to prevent hearing loss, one must first understand hearing loss. someone who is not afraid of it, might do something worse at a certain point, like sitting in the first row of a concert without protection.. i did that... the hearing was different for almost a week... it repaired free of damage, but in that week i was so scared and i felt so bad about it... considering that i paid for 3 days, i only did this mistake 1 day, the others, i spent way in the back with protection in my ears..

sorry for being off-topic.

about the firmware, open has some advantages, closed as well.. most of us use closed OS like windows.

what x5 needs is further sq improovement, where it would be possible. right now it works good!

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #142 of 437
Originally Posted by skerry2006aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"what x5 needs is further sq improovement, where it would be possible."

Say what?  The X5 has sound quality rivaling that of $1000+ players.  Fiio has already worked a minor miracle doing that.

The next step sound-wise should be from the X7.  

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #143 of 437
Unfortunately I don't think such a setting would be intuitive to most users as to what it does and why such a setting would be useful. If we could release several custom versions of each firmware we may consider your suggestion for one of them but unfortunately we can't. Actually I don't think I've ever heard of any player software or player with such a feature switch
blink.gif

what x5 needs is further sq improovement, where it would be possible.

Completely agree, but this will happen only if Fiio is willing to see, accept and use the elementary relations between firmware and sq...

Perhaps you need better phones. There's nothing deficient about the SQ,

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #145 of 437
+1 to the X7 taking the sound to some kind of higher level.  Meanwhile, some of you guys remind me of those finiky high-end HiFiers trying to get the last 0.5% out of their $100,000 gear.  Fiio's reached a level where even I can operate it.

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #147 of 437
  Please fix that the file format and quality not seen clarify because the text is over the cover image.
Also need to not show only at the begining on the song, need to show always like the song name, artist,etc. Its interesting including this info behing the song text or in a a top black band (like the bottom black band with the song text).

MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, CBR 192 Kbps.
MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, VBR 160 Kbps. etc.

Totaly agree with that! The current "info display" isn't good and doesn't show enough valuable information.

Please, a key to mark a song to be next to play before the actual song play ends and then continue in the order of the folder or library on that new song. All without adding to favorites or playlist. Simple.

For example, hold the center play button for 2 seconds to mark a song in the library or in a folder to be the next to play.

That would be sooo useful! I hate not being able to choose which song I want to play next as I like to plan in advance without doing a playlist... mostly  since the player always freeze for 15 seconds at every beginning of a new song. It becomes unresponsive though I do hear the next song playing but I can't pause it or do anything until the 12-15 seconds delay is over, then I can choose my next song so that would be a very useful feature.

1- When will we get a way to scroll faster such as (Hold Center Button during the Artirst list then see all the letters from A to Z so you can scroll to the letter you want and confirm by repressing the center button). It would be so easy to do and the most useful feature ever done by Fiio since the beginning of time! ***

2- It would be nice too if it would stop erasing my "Favorites" everytime I put a new firmware. No idea though if it is possible as otherwise the favs becomes quite pointless if I have to do it all over again everytime I get an update so every 3-4 weeks.

Thank you for fixing the randomization, it is the only interesting thing for me in this new beta.

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #148 of 437
Originally Posted by PanzerIV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, CBR 192 Kbps.
MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, VBR 160 Kbps. etc.

Totally agree with that! The current "info display" isn't good and doesn't show enough valuable information.

Sorry - but I disagree with this, and would rather see Fiio working on something which is actually useful (eg an easier/quicker method of searching, better playlist management, replay gain etc). As far as file format goes - don't you know what format your files are, and does it really matter?  Every one of my 350 odd albums is purchased, and I know the format and bitrate for every one of them - because I ripped them. tagged them, and transcoded them.  But even if I didn't, it wouldn't bother me.  And the whole idea of display is to see track, album and artist.  Anything else is overkill.  Plus the longer the screen is on, the worse the battery life.

Isn't requiring this level of info just a little bit of overkill / OCD?

(maybe it's not and maybe I'm just too "simple" for this hobby - when I'm listening to music, I personally couldn't give a toss as long as it sounds good
wink.gif
 )

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #149 of 437
"mostly since the player always freeze for 15 seconds at every beginning of a new song"

I don't know what you mean with this. My device does not freeze in any manner when I play a song, and if I want to skip to the next, I can do so as soon as the song begins.

"I hate not being able to choose which song I want to play next as I like to plan in advance without doing a playlist"

That is the point of a playlist. If you want to do a playlist without doing a playlist, I'm lost. I suppose you could make a folder with your selected songs and let it play that way.

"It would be so easy to do"

If it was easy, it would already be implemented.

"It would be nice too if it would stop erasing my "Favorites" everytime I put a new firmware."

By erasing the firmware you are changing the OS. I suppose you could just stick with a firmware and not change it. But if you keep changing every time a beta comes out, this is probably going to be what happens each time. You could make a folder of your favorites and then they would be organized together for easy access.

"MP3, 16 Bits, 44 KHz, VBR 160 Kbps"

How is this valuable information? Why is seeing the bit rate so important? I have everything from 16/44 to 24/various to DSD and I can't see a single reason why I need to know the bit rate. In fact, I rarely look at the screen once the music starts playing.

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #150 of 437
Wow, best FW yet!  Loving all the improvements.  And...more sub bass while keeping clarity!  Yes I just opened up a can of worms but it is what I hear.  (I listen to the same 150 songs over and over during work and I work 12+ hours per day, been doing that for the last 3 years so I am very familiar with each track).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back