Official X3 2nd gen stable firmware download / discussion thread--FW2.0: Added library search function, Line Output level options, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Apr 8, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #122 of 171
Hey Yesterday i bought a new X3II on dubai on the store samma3a.com, i was checking the firmware to see if there was any update for it but i seems to have the version 1.5 and i can't even find anything of the version, not even a change log...It's really weird that they release a new batch of X3 with a new version and don't send the update to the community before hand...

Just to let you know.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #123 of 171
Just bought mine in QC. Come with fw1.4. I found the UI, fonts very thin. Is that change in fw upgrade ?

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #124 of 171
  Hey Yesterday i bought a new X3II on dubai on the store samma3a.com, i was checking the firmware to see if there was any update for it but i seems to have the version 1.5 and i can't even find anything of the version, not even a change log...It's really weird that they release a new batch of X3 with a new version and don't send the update to the community before hand...

Just to let you know.

Thats interesting.....I wonder what is different about 1.5

I just bought mine in QC. It come with the fw1.4. I found the UI, letters very thin, small. Is that change in fw upgrade ?

I don't remember a change from 1.3 to 1.4 in terms of UI letters....but I do know what you mean but small/thin font, it could be better but at the same time as long as it is readable (I dont have any issues  in this regard)

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #126 of 171
Just bought mine in QC. Come with fw1.4. I found the UI, fonts very thin. Is that change in fw upgrade ?

Hi, we may not change the font size on the X3II by the firmware update, but you can try to edit the UI by yourself if you have interest. Here is the theme DIY turorial: click here.
Hope that helps. 
normal_smile .gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #127 of 171
  May be worth noting that 1.6 is now available for the X3ii alongside an updated version of the DAC firmware.

The link for info on both is here: http://www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41268&extra=page%3D1 

Cheers

Thanks for the heads up...I guess I will be upgrading my FW....Maybe it will get rid of the pausing/skipping completely.

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #128 of 171
Hi, we may not change the font size on the X3II by the firmware update, but you can try to edit the UI by yourself if you have interest. Here is the theme DIY turorial: click here.
Hope that helps. 
normal_smile%20.gif

No thank, I dont have to try edit, it's not part of my job. I dont have the time and knowledge for all this. It need some minimum understanding on how FW structure works. If someone here, in the forum can do it freely, why at FiiO no one want to do it ? I'm not the concepteur of your FW.
You are responsible for the smooth running of your product, personally, I think this is not the users that have to play with all this, manipulate or change your UI/FW.

It should be even forbidden to let users play in the WF structures, the risk that the product warranty void! This is a sure spot back to fix these small issues.
You must continue to work on this FW, on what the user requests, hope, so that they are completely satisfied.
Users ask and hope all comeback of some options, you removed at the expense of whatever.

FiiO, put OTG option back on track, and further improve our UI a bit, and everybody will be happy and graceful, and you will win back.

Personaly, Listening to faithful users, i think. is very important, to stay in business, and to keep good customers.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #129 of 171
No thank, I dont have the time and knowledge for all this. It need some minimum understanding on how FW structure works. If someone here, in the forum can do it freely, why at FiiO no one want to do it ? I'm not the concepteur of your FW.
You are responsible for the smooth running of your product, personally, I think this is not the users that have to play with all this, manipulate or change your UI/FW.

It should be even forbidden to let users play in the WF structures, the risk that the product warranty void! This is a sure spot back to fix these small issues.
You must continue to work on this FW, on what the user requests, hope, so that they are completely satisfied.
Users ask and hope all comeback of some options, you removed at the expense of whatever.

FiiO, put OTG option back on track, and further improve our UI a bit, and everybody will be happy and graceful, and you will win back.

Personaly, Listening to faithful users, i think. is very important, to stay in business, and to keep good customers.

I agree with this statement.

For those who want bigger fonts, I have created a FW that increased the Font size. Also.

- Clean up the top row
- Reposition icons in top row
- New battery icon
- Bigger numbers on counter in Play screen

And some other changes.

Download link in my signature.

If you like it, please hit that reputation button.

Apr 15, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #130 of 171
  ............For those who want bigger fonts, I have created a FW that increased the Font size. Also.

- Clean up the top row
- Reposition icons in top row
- New battery icon
- Bigger numbers on counter in Play screen

And some other changes.

Download link in my signature.

If you like it, please hit that reputation button. ..............

Thank you javre76.

Which FW version did you do this modification with, i.e. does your version still have OTG?

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #131 of 171
Thank you javre76.

Which FW version did you do this modification with, i.e. does your version still have OTG?

Yes, He used modified 1.4 Still have OTG

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #132 of 171
I would like to identify the icons aligned the top screen, when musics playing. The first in an red heart meaning "Favorite" But what about the others...am a bit confused.
It's not in any manual. Can someone tell me the meaning of each symbol ?

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #133 of 171
Can someone tell me finally, how to delete a duplicate post here in this forum ? Is it possible ?

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #134 of 171
Can someone tell me finally, how to delete a duplicate post here in this forum ? Is it possible ?

You can't - Mods can. Just flag it and we'll clean it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back