Official X3 2nd gen stable firmware download / discussion thread--FW2.0: Added library search function, Line Output level options, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Dec 8, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #91 of 171

Did you work out how to fix this issue by any chance?

I am having exactly the same problem. New FW hasn't solved it either. Very frustrating

Hi, this problem also happens on your X3II when running the previous firmware, such as FW1.1 or FW1.3?  If you don't mind, could you please send one or two related files to us for test firstly?
Looking forward to your reply. 

BTW, you can upload the files, then share the download link with me by private message. Or you can send them to us directly by support@fiio.net. :)

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #92 of 171
Dear Fiio,
I am your customer since the first gen X3 appeared. I love the 2nd gen as well, maybe even more, despite of the lack of physical bass and treble adjustment. It is just a giant leap in sound quality over the first gen. Extremely good value for money, especially for £109, as I was one of the first 200 buyers. (From old X3 owners.)
 There is only one annoying issue, which I would be happy about if it would be solved in the future. It is constantly loosing the favourites list, which has been built up with 'hard work'. :)
 From the 4-5000 tracks I keep on the X3ii there are maybe 4-500 which I really like at once. (It is always changing.) So one by one I mark them, and by time I build up my 2-300 track long list of favorites. (I almost always listen to music in shuffle mode.)
 The problem comes with each and every fw upgrade, and also if I change between DAC and player mode too often or too quick. Not to mention the random freezes, which happens every 2-3 months once. Each of these mentioned cases results in loosing my hardly built up favorites list. This is a pointless function, if it is not working properly. So either remove it from X3ii, and force people to use playlists, or make it work and last please.
 This minor issue won't turn me away from Fiio by the way, as I just love the sound and value of it.
Thanks for your great work!

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #93 of 171
This maybe be an obvious question.  Does FW1.4 contain all the improvements included in FW1.0,1.1, and 1.3 or do you need to install the individual firmware updates to get all the improvements indicated in each?  It seems like FW1.4 should be inclusive of all the other updates but I want to make sure.  Thank you!   I am assuming that FW1.2 does not exist that FiiO went straight from 1.1 to 1.3. Is that correct? Thank you!

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #94 of 171
Each firmware is standalone, and contains all previous fixes as well - so you only have to install the latest :)

Jan 5, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #95 of 171
just received my new fiio! so far so good! a few questions.

is there a way to add files to the current playlist? or do i have to replace the whole playlist...
.nomedia tags don't seem to be working. is there a way to exclude certain folders from the library?
any loss in audio quality if i enable high gain?
do i have to wake up the screen with the power button? can i make it 'any button to wake?'

edit: eep, just had my first crash. what causes this? loss of memory?

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #96 of 171
If you press the upper left front panel button in the Now Playing screen, a few onscreen buttons pop up. The + button allows you to add the current song to a playlist.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 6, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #97 of 171
just received my new fiio! so far so good! a few questions.

is there a way to add files to the current playlist? or do i have to replace the whole playlist...
.nomedia tags don't seem to be working. is there a way to exclude certain folders from the library?
any loss in audio quality if i enable high gain?
do i have to wake up the screen with the power button? can i make it 'any button to wake?'

edit: eep, just had my first crash. what causes this? loss of memory?

Can't exclude certain folders.

Only use high gain if low gain does not power your headphones to the desired level. My thought anyway.

I use lock screen mode 3. Pressing and holding the center button wakes the player up. That may only be after the screen goes black, not when it is in sleep mode.. Not sure.

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #98 of 171
Does anybody else have problems with this firmware? I can't see all my music in categories (Album, Artist) and what I mean by this, is that in some albums, 1 or 2 or more songs of the album does not show in the list, but it does show when I browse files. Any help please?

By the way, this problem also occured with firmware 1.3 but no with 1.1

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #99 of 171
Does anybody else have problems with this firmware? I can't see all my music in categories (Album, Artist) and what I mean by this, is that in some albums, 1 or 2 or more songs of the album does not show in the list, but it does show when I browse the files. Any help please?

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #100 of 171
  Does anybody else have problems with this firmware? I can't see all my music in categories (Album, Artist) and what I mean by this, is that in some albums, 1 or 2 or more songs of the album does not show in the list, but it does show when I browse the files. Any help please?

Hi, how about updating the media library without the micro SD card firstly? This operation aims to delete the previous database file. After done, pls insert the micro SD card to the X3II, and update the media library again.
If the above does not help, pls let us know.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 12, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #102 of 171
I dont know why Fiio did not release BETA fw for both X3 ii and X5 ii for testing search function. It will make more sense to test on both devices at the same time.
Over on the Fiio forums for a while they said they will add if it dont break X5 but im worried they will forget X3 ii and only implement on X5 ii.

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #103 of 171
  I dont know why Fiio did not release BETA fw for both X3 ii and X5 ii for testing search function. It will make more sense to test on both devices at the same time.
Over on the Fiio forums for a while they said they will add if it dont break X5 but im worried they will forget X3 ii and only implement on X5 ii.

Hi, nekromantik.
Pls don't worry, this search function is already listed in the plan of the X3II's new firmware, so we will add this function to X3II. Once there is the beta firmware for the X3II, I will release it on the forum. 
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #104 of 171
I cannot say this with certainty but from the looks of this thread they are still supporting the X3ii. This last FW update made a big difference with the scroll wheel. Also, Fiio is still selling the X3ii, as well as the X1 and X5ii so I have no reason to believe that they are going to forget about the X3ll. They have a strong rep for supporting their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back