Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.44: library search, ReplayGain, high speed USB, DoP, D2P...
Aug 18, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #107 of 367
I got X3II NB #: W233b & I didn't update to 1.11 because of bug for NB #: W233b when disconnecting earphones.
I did install this 1.16 update, and everything seems to be working fine (tried to connect / disconnect earphones multiple times - no error :) )
Thank You Fiio :)

Aug 18, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #108 of 367
Hi,

Thanks for making a great product, and i am enjoying and finding features/interface, which are better than my Oppo 105!

I haven't tried this beta firmware update yet, but was wondering if the volume control for line out and headphone out can be separated. As of now, i use 120 for line out in my car, but never to that level with my headphones.

ATS

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #110 of 367
This new firmware is great! I have w233b and I'm glad there's finally a new beta firmware which has no glitches on it :)

I love the feature where if you go to now playing and then hit back, it now takes you to the folder containing the song playing!  Fantastic, very convenient :)  And of course, removing the 5800 song limit was simply a must :wink:  Good job guys, keep it going!  When should the next official firmware be coming out?

Aug 19, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #111 of 367
There is a small problem in firmware 1.16beta. When I turn on the player with the headphones inserted, and set to play music, the headphones hear unpleasant wheezing, instead of clicking relays. When I am turning off the player, then popping sound in the headphones, instead of clicking relays.

Aug 19, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #112 of 367
There is a small problem in firmware 1.16beta. When I turn on the player with the headphones inserted, and set to play music, the headphones hear unpleasant wheezing, instead of clicking relays. When I am turning off the player, then popping sound in the headphones, instead of clicking relays.

Hello wiser87,

What's the NB code of your X3? (System settings->About X3)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 19, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #113 of 367

Hello wiser87,

What's the NB code of your X3? (System settings->About X3)

NB:M122a

Aug 19, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #114 of 367
I upgraded to v1.16b and so far things work great. The removal of the 5800 song limit is a huge improvement that I was really waiting for. Thanks for implementing it!

A few improvements and fixes that I'd very much like to see include:
  1. Hebrew song/artist names are displayed incorrectly (characters are displayed as generic squares, probably because the font in use is missing Hebrew glyphs)
  2. Acceleration of the wheel is needed to makes going through long lists easier. Ideally, the faster the wheel is spun, the more acceleration should be applied.
  3. EQ should be accessible with a shortcut. Currently it requires a lot of clicks and wheel turns to get to.
  4. Gain mode should be remembered per each EQ mode. For example, my two most used headphones are Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ohm and Denon AH-D1100. With the DT990 I'm using High gain and a EQ with reduced treble, where as with the D1100 I'm using Low gain and EQ with increased treble. You can imagine how long it takes to set the player up when switching headphones. An EQ that remembers gain setting would make it much easier. It would also be cool to be able to rename each EQ mode. I would prefer to use the name of headphones for these modes. I think the Rock, Classic, Jazz names etc are not used by most users in the context of these genres.
  5. Switching from no-EQ to EQ results in reduced volume. I understand why this is so, but most other players employ volume matching which in practice is more useful. It would be nice to add this as an option.
  6. Seeing the SD card and OTG directory in the top level doesn't make sense if no OTG device is connected. It would be better to make the root of the SD card the top level folder if OTG is not in use.

Thanks again for continuing to support your products with frequent firmware upgrades. It's very much appreciated!

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #115 of 367
  I upgraded to v1.16b and so far things work great. The removal of the 5800 song limit is a huge improvement that I was really waiting for. Thanks for implementing it!

1. Hebrew song/artist names are displayed incorrectly (characters are displayed as generic squares, probably because the font in use is missing Hebrew glyphs)
  2. Acceleration of the wheel is needed to makes going through long lists easier. Ideally, the faster the wheel is spun, the more acceleration should be applied.
  3. EQ should be accessible with a shortcut. Currently it requires a lot of clicks and wheel turns to get to.
  4. Gain mode should be remembered per each EQ mode. For example, my two most used headphones are Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ohm and Denon AH-D1100. With the DT990 I'm using High gain and a EQ with reduced treble, where as with the D1100 I'm using Low gain and EQ with increased treble. You can imagine how long it takes to set the player up when switching headphones. An EQ that remembers gain setting would make it much easier. It would also be cool to be able to rename each EQ mode. I would prefer to use the name of headphones for these modes. I think the Rock, Classic, Jazz names etc are not used by most users in the context of these genres.
  5. Switching from no-EQ to EQ results in reduced volume. I understand why this is so, but most other players employ volume matching which in practice is more useful. It would be nice to add this as an option.
  6. Seeing the SD card and OTG directory in the top level doesn't make sense if no OTG device is connected. It would be better to make the root of the SD card the top level folder if OTG is not in use.

Thanks again for continuing to support your products with frequent firmware upgrades. It's very much appreciated!

With the DT990 you should really be using more than just high gain, you should be using a separate amp from the line-out :p

I too wish they had volume-matchign with the EQ!  Mismatched volume makes it very, very difficult to compare the sound with and without the EQ.  And a quick shortcut for getting to the EQ would be very nice.  All good ideas here!

Are you in the Fiio forums, by any chance?  If not, could I have your permission to copy-and-paste your post (which I think was well-written) with credit given to you, into the firmware suggestions thread on their forum?

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #116 of 367

Agreed, the lifting of the song limit is a major improvement.

I agree with most of the above suggestions, but I would also like to see the acceleration of the lists increased when holding down the corresponding button continuously as well.  (Actually, I would like to see future players go to all buttons and drop the wheel for good - I ,personally, find the wheel to be a pain to use; if I could not use buttons instead of the wheel the majority of the time, I would have long since gotten a different player altogether.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #117 of 367
Goodyfresh, I'm not on the FiiO forums and would be more than happy if you quoted me there. 

As for the DT990 and High gain, I'm sure I can squeeze out a bit more with an external amp, but carrying one is too cumbersome for my liking (speaking as someone who owns an E11). The sound of the X3II+DT990 combo is more than satisfactory by my modest standards, it's actually pleasurable :)

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #118 of 367
  Goodyfresh, I'm not on the FiiO forums and would be more than happy if you quoted me there. 

As for the DT990 and High gain, I'm sure I can squeeze out a bit more with an external amp, but carrying one is too cumbersome for my liking (speaking as someone who owns an E11). The sound of the X3II+DT990 combo is more than satisfactory by my modest standards, it's actually pleasurable :)

Ah okay.  I was giong to mention the stacking-kit ,but I'm sure you already know about it :p

Edit:  Btw yeah, I did post your suggestions in Fiio's X3ii Firmware Suggestions thread on their forum.  There's no way to know if they will address those issues or not, but we'll see!  The one I'm really hoping for is volume-matching for the EQ =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back