Official X3 2nd gen beta firmware thread--FW1.44: library search, ReplayGain, high speed USB, DoP, D2P...
Jun 20, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #91 of 367

Yes, seetings do not reset when upgrading and my custom eq has kept intact.

Many thanks for the info, I have now upgraded, I'm an happy man
gs1000.gif

It's cool that the settings are kept, better than the X3 1st gen where everything was lost at each upgrade.
Thanks to Fiio for this better management!

Jun 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #92 of 367
Could someone explain, what this new beta firmware issue is about? What is the difference between M112a and W233b? Why does it work with one and not the other? What is the difference? I am just curious... Mine is M112a, so it works. But I want to know! :)

Jun 21, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #93 of 367
Also, as a W233b user, I've been unable to install the USB DAC drivers on a brand new Windows 8 x64 machine. I had no problem on a Windows 7 x64 or a Mac machine. What happens is that I'll plug in the device and then it'll display the DAC screen for about a second, then seemingly disconnect itself. And the driver installer won't run unless the computer recognizes the device.

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #94 of 367
Hi,
after updating to the fw 1.11 my X3II lost ability to play 5.6MHz DSF files. Says 'File not supported'. Just realised, headphones were unplugged :) with them plugged in everything is fine. 

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #95 of 367
  Hi,
after updating to the fw 1.11 my X3II lost ability to play 5.6MHz DSF files. Says 'File not supported'. Just realised, headphones were unplugged :) with them plugged in everything is fine. 

Probably the multi-function port is set to coaxial spdif. It doesn't support DSD128 in SPDIF mode.

Jul 12, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #97 of 367
Anybody else experiencing random hang ups using this version on M122a? I tried to use this a couple of times but noticed that it hangs more than 1.10.

Hello baudm,

Thanks for your feedback--note that this FW1.11 is beta firmware so it may indeed be less stable than 1.10. We'll work on making the next stable release more stable! :wink:

Best regards,
FiiO

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 19, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #98 of 367
Dear members
I am very happy with the sound on the X3 2nd gen.  I am using the latest official firmware. 1.1 I believe.
I would love to have better "more readable" themes.  Despite my glasses, the small letters and relatively crowded screen could be improved.  I have not had much success discovering a DIY theme that I could install. It seems as if some of you may have done this.  Can you direct me to a clear thread for accessing this?  I see from the X5 threads a few are out there.  Is Fiio planning on making some of these available to the rest of us?

Thanks in advance.

Brent

Aug 2, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #100 of 367
Hello baudm,

Thanks for your feedback--note that this FW1.11 is beta firmware so it may indeed be less stable than 1.10. We'll work on making the next stable release more stable!
wink.gif

Best regards,
FiiO

Can you release a more stable firmware soon? Both v1.10 (latest stable) and v1.11 (this beta) are plagued by stability issues with deep sleep. With v1.10, when used as a DAC, a white noise-like sound is played by the X3 when it's disconnected even without any headphones plugged in. With v1.11 beta, the X3 randomly freezes when going into deep sleep. On both cases, the X3's battery could get drained. This happens so frequently that it's becoming a problem for me.

One night, after using the X3, I placed it back into its case and into my backpack. The morning after, I got it out of its case and it felt alarmingly hot! Turns out it was "playing" the white noise all night even though nothing is connected to its outputs. In the worst case, it could've even caused a fire!

Hoping you could release a real stable version soon.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #101 of 367
2015-06-08
Beta firmware version 1.11 for the X3 2nd gen is now available!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yb1k8gb3kvsbxf/X3%202nd%20gen%20FW1.11beta.zip?dl=0

After downloading the update, please unpack (unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--please post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions, and if you encounter serious problems, consider flashing back to a stable release.

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.11 compared to FW1.1:
1. Pressing the Back button from the Now Playing screen will now always take you to the folder / album / etc. from which the current song is selected. This is true even after navigating to the main menu or powering the X3 off and back on;

2. Added support for M3U playlists without the "#EXTM3U" header;

3. Equalizer may now also be used with line out and coaxial output;

4. Improved gapless playback of single music files split by CUE sheets;

5. Fixed issue where certain situations caused the player to play songs without sound;

6. Fixed issue where certain music files caused the player to hang;

7. The default function of the multifunction output has been changed to line out, to cater to the majority of users using it as line out;

8. Reduced crackling noises when inserting and removing earphones while music is playing;

9. Fixed issue where there would be no sound on playback if connections to the headphone out / line out were broken and reconnected / changed within one second;

10. Fixed issue where the X3 has trouble entering standby if a micro SD card or OTG storage was removed while music was playing;

11. Fixed issue where the headphone output made noises if the volume is changed using the volume keys when the player is acting as USB DAC;

12. "Idle poweroff" renamed "Idle standby" to correct description of the function.

Known issue: users with X3's of NB code W233b (check in System Settings->About X3) may receive an error message on disconnecting / reconnecting headphones after flashing to this firmware. Please flash back to 1.1 if you receive this error and inform us of the issue.

Looking forward to your feedback
smily_headphones1.gif

I have NB W233b and it is having that issue :frowning2:  What exactly is the NB code, and why are there so many glitches with the W233b?  I was really excited about the features of this new firmware, too!  This has me pretty upset becaues now I can't use the new firmware, and I was very excited about some of teh features it offers :frowning2:

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #102 of 367
  Can you release a more stable firmware soon? Both v1.10 (latest stable) and v1.11 (this beta) are plagued by stability issues with deep sleep. With v1.10, when used as a DAC, a white noise-like sound is played by the X3 when it's disconnected even without any headphones plugged in. With v1.11 beta, the X3 randomly freezes when going into deep sleep. On both cases, the X3's battery could get drained. This happens so frequently that it's becoming a problem for me.

One night, after using the X3, I placed it back into its case and into my backpack. The morning after, I got it out of its case and it felt alarmingly hot! Turns out it was "playing" the white noise all night even though nothing is connected to its outputs. In the worst case, it could've even caused a fire!

Hoping you could release a real stable version soon.

I'm having these same issues with deep sleep. Is this a problem with the W233b or are everyone having this issue?

Aug 5, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #103 of 367
Guys guys, what IS the NB number? What does it mean?

Aug 8, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #104 of 367
I have the problem with cuesheets.
When the TIME is more than 99 mins.,
FIIO X3 II cant read it right.
Firmware 1.1 has the same bug.

See Track 18 - 20.

The cuesheets works with VLC and Foobar2000 complete.
Sorry for my bad englisch.

FILE "Tiesto_Elements_of_Life.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Intro"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 02"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 03:38:56
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 03"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 08:53:21
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 04"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 14:43:43
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 05"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 20:22:23
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 06"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 26:50:51
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 07"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 39:21:74
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 08"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 46:03:21
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 09"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 52:43:23
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 10"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 59:39:20
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 11"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 64:30:14
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 12"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 71:02:20
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 13"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 74:31:02
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 14"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 80:00:54
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 15"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 85:03:47
  TRACK 16 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 16"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 89:35:62
  TRACK 17 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 17"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 99:28:10
  TRACK 18 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 18"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 106:01:56
  TRACK 19 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 19"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 109:46:36
  TRACK 20 AUDIO
    TITLE "Tiesto - Elements of Life - Track 20"
    PERFORMER "DJ Tiesto"
    INDEX 01 118:48:05

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #105 of 367
2015-08-18
Beta firmware version 1.16beta for the X3 2nd gen is now available!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/isbbie9xqz6naee/X3%202nd%20gen%20FW1.16beta.zip?dl=0

After downloading the update, please unpack (unZIP) the package and read the update instructions contained within.

Please note that all firmware posted in this thread are beta firmware--please post in this dedicated thread if you have any issues with these versions, and if you encounter serious problems, consider flashing back to a stable release.

The following changes and improvements were made to FW1.11 compared to FW1.1:
1. Removed the 5800 song limit of media library;
2. Added Russian and Thai language UI support.

Looking forward to your feedback :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back