Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Feb 17, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #526 of 921
I am most excited about the feature to KEEP playing onto the next CD in order. This is something I have been on the forums moaning about since I got my X3.

When I flash the firmware, is this the default playback setting? Or do I have to SET it that way? If so, is there a new button? I looked for a new manual in the 3.34b download, but just the changelist is there.

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #527 of 921
Hello!
Firstly, thank you, FiiO, for your continued support of the X3!

A few comments on the new FW3.34beta...

4.  Album art is still over-scaled, cutting off artist names and album titles on cover art - this continues to be disappointing.

If you haven't already, please vote for this issue at:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/754016/x3-cover-art-cropped-or-not-poll#post_11329893

Feb 17, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #528 of 921
  I am most excited about the feature to KEEP playing onto the next CD in order. This is something I have been on the forums moaning about since I got my X3.

When I flash the firmware, is this the default playback setting? Or do I have to SET it that way? If so, is there a new button? I looked for a new manual in the 3.34b download, but just the changelist is there.

Default is on.

Feb 17, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #531 of 921
Feb 18, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #534 of 921
I have a request: please add the ability to disable the auto resume function when turning on the Player. It really bothers me.
You could add a parameter to the settings which lets the user decide to manually press play when turning on the player.
One more thing: when I pause a song and press << or >>, it skips to the beginning or next song (which it is obviously supposed to do) but also resumes playback which is, imho, not logical at all. In my opinion, playback should still be paused after skipping when it was paused before.

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #536 of 921
I don't mean the current setting "last song / last position / off".
There should be a seperated parameter with auto playback resume on/off when selected "last song / last position".

Currently, music starts playing when powering on. I'd like to press "play" manually as I don't plug in my ear-/headphones while powering up.
Got it?

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #537 of 921
  I have a request: please add the ability to disable the auto resume function when turning on the Player. It really bothers me.
You could add a parameter to the settings which lets the user decide to manually press play when turning on the player.
One more thing: when I pause a song and press << or >>, it skips to the beginning or next song (which it is obviously supposed to do) but also resumes playback which is, imho, not logical at all. In my opinion, playback should still be paused after skipping when it was paused before.

In your first point, do you mean when you turn your player on, it will play the track even if you had it paused when you turned to player off? That is a tiny bit annoying but I don't find it unusual at all. If you meant resuming what track/position in the track you were on, then that is very simple to disable. Play settings, and set the resume mode to whichever option you are wanting. This is very obvious so I assume this wasn't what you were talking about.
In your second point, I would have thought it is not unusual again. Really, if you pause a track and skip to the next one, then the player simply assumes that you want to listen to that track. Why exactly would you want to skip to the next track and keep it paused? My old player was the same from what I remember. If you move to the next track or even go to another album and select a track to play, it is perfectly normal for the player to play the track without keeping it paused from before.

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #539 of 921

In your first point, do you mean when you turn your player on, it will play the track even if you had it paused when you turned to player off?

Indeed. I really don't like this "feature" on a regular DAP I don't use for sports purpose. I think I am not alone out there.

In your second point, I would have thought it is not unusual again. Really, if you pause a track and skip to the next one, then the player simply assumes that you want to listen to that track.

It's not logical (at least to me). I wouldn't pause playback before skipping if I wanted the player to resume playback on the same/next song.
Just a (really) minor issue, but it is there.

Feb 18, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #540 of 921
Anyone else have less than great battery life on 3.34b? I noticed my battery has been lasting not near as long as it used to. I'm coming from 3.24b on which i had phenomenal battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back