Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Nov 28, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #181 of 921
I use my PC for over night charging when I am not listening to it in bed, but I don't think it mean it is not 100% charge, it might just be the Amps of the charging that trigger a recognition problem, but I am no programmer.

Nov 29, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #183 of 921
Hi, picked up an X3 last week and very impressed overall, however I've tried 3.00 and now 3.24beta and there are obvious gaps/small clicks between tracks...I listen to a lot of long mixes/split tracks so this is kind of a killer...

At the moment I've transferred on only 320 mp3's, not tried other file formats. Have tried playing off internal memory and off SD but there's no difference. Does gapless work properly on earlier firmware or is this a long-term / permanent issue with the player?

Thanks

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #184 of 921
  Hi, picked up an X3 last week and very impressed overall, however I've tried 3.00 and now 3.24beta and there are obvious gaps/small clicks between tracks...I listen to a lot of long mixes/split tracks so this is kind of a killer...

At the moment I've transferred on only 320 mp3's, not tried other file formats. Have tried playing off internal memory and off SD but there's no difference. Does gapless work properly on earlier firmware or is this a long-term / permanent issue with the player?

Thanks

unfortunately it seems to vary among different units.. for me gapless only worked with 3.24b and not any previous firmwares.

Nov 29, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #185 of 921

Thanks

I have recorded some vynal and saved them as 320kbps Mp3s. Some have tracks that join together. I always like to split the tracks on everything I record and there is hardly any issue with gapless at all for me with FW 3.24b.

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #186 of 921
Battery percentage is misreported on mine, too, when charged using the ipad charger - or its perhaps not being fully charged. Also as mentioned before, the font size of the percentage could be larger.

Wish list items:
- Next folder or album play as an option.
- React to first button press - currently often two button presses are required, the first seems to "wake the x3 up" and then the desired action needs to be clicked again, for example I press volume up, first time only the display lights up, need to press it a second time to increase volume. This should not be the case, the volume should increase on the first button press.
- option to turn charging from usb off when used as a dac with portable devices
- option for firmware 3.0 sound (with some phones/songs the slightly bassier firmware 3.0 sounds better, with others 3.2x sounds better/cleaner)

By the way, the Denon D600 sounds quite nice with the x3 and its current firmware.

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #187 of 921
Battery percentage is misreported on mine, too, when charged using the ipad charger - or its perhaps not being fully charged. Also as mentioned before, the font size of the percentage could be larger.

Wish list items:
- Next folder or album play as an option.
- React to first button press - currently often two button presses are required, the first seems to "wake the x3 up" and then the desired action needs to be clicked again, for example I press volume up, first time only the display lights up, need to press it a second time to increase volume. This should not be the case, the volume should increase on the first button press.
- option to turn charging from usb off when used as a dac with portable devices

By the way, the Denon D600 sounds quite nice with the x3 and its current firmware.

+1 for "React to first button press - currently often two button presses are required, the first seems to "wake the x3 up" and then the desired action needs to be clicked again, for example I press volume up, first time only the display lights up, need to press it a second time to increase volume. This should not be the case, the volume should increase on the first button press. " 

i requested that along time ago with some users too 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #190 of 921
And is there a possibility to get a digital out from the usb port of the x3 in the future firmwares ?? This is very important to me as it is alot easier to get a usb dac that a coax dac ( too limited options )

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #191 of 921
For some reason i love the previous battery indicator more than the present one !! I wish at least it will be as accurate as previous

Is it the 3.22b indicator that you prefer? I much prefer that one with the 5 bars as it is much easier to read than the tiny numbers and it way more accurate. 3.24b kept saying that it was even as low as 35% when the indicator light was green and when I went back to 3.22b all 5 bars were there.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #192 of 921
And is there a possibility to get a digital out from the usb port of the x3 in the future firmwares ?? This is very important to me as it is alot easier to get a usb dac that a coax dac ( too limited options )

I often charge the X3 while I am using it. This would obviously stop you from doing it. If you only ever charge it when you aren't using it that may not be an issue. It would seem a bit strange to make a USB that is an input for use for charging or a DAC into something that can output digital sound too though.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #194 of 921

Is it the 3.22b indicator that you prefer? I much prefer that one with the 5 bars as it is much easier to read than the tiny numbers and it way more accurate. 3.24b kept saying that it was even as low as 35% when the indicator light was green and when I went back to 3.22b all 5 bars were there.

I agree I prefer the indicator with the 5 bars, it is much easier to read, is more accurate and looks better.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #195 of 921
didn't installed the 3.22 ..just jumped to 3.24 directly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back