Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #154 of 921
Well I managed to get mine at 100%. After charging through AC it was stuck at 81% and stopped charging (no current reading on my monitor).
So I set the X3 to Storage mode and connected via USB, after 2 hours or so the X3 battery was at 100%. Could @Joe Bloggs or @JamesFiiO comment on this possible issue?

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #156 of 921
Black Sabbath Sabotage HDTracks 96/24 was a pain when I would ff it would play catch up and basically wouldn't rewind but now no problem! This device is nothing short of amazing!! I've bought a lot of audio gear this year but this was one of my best buys of 2014

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #157 of 921
From what I have experienced, the battery percentage indicator on 3.24 is not very accurate. Before I went on 3.24, I was on 3.22 and the battery was on 4/5 bars. I then went to upgraded to 3.24 and is was obviously plugged into my computer when I did this so it should have charged a little. It then said the battery was at 45%. I put it on charge on a 2.1A wall charger for over 5 hours which is much longer than I normally need to and it got to 75% and I gave up then. I went back to 3.22 and it said it was full. I may have just been unlucky but I am quite sure that it doesn't show the true percentage of the X3's battery.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #158 of 921
May be that version of fw ( for some reason) needs the player to be fully discharged and then fully charged for few times to detect the actual capacity well ... I saw something like that before in ibasso dx50 threads ... I will try that and update you

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #159 of 921
  For anyone having playlist issues, I was having a few using the default settings on MusicBee (which will sync playlists with the proper paths to a device)

It was initially copying the paths like:

But, when you include the prefix '\' that annoying makes the playlists not work.  As soon as that is gone (which you can specify in the sync settings nicely enough), the playlists are working fine for me.  Unfortunately, this also means that you MUST place playlists in the root directory, since it can't recognize that you want it to start at the root and work downwards... (I also tried placing them in a \Playlists directory at first...)

It appears that foobar saves playlists like this by default, so that's why people have no issues with that...!  I just like a more automated method :)

I've created the playlist like that..no '\' at the beginning and placed the file in the root of the SD card.
the weird thing is that the playlist appears under folders as a regular folder with all the files in the playlist in order.
but there's nothing under playlists. it says "no playlist files found".

am I the only one?

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #160 of 921

I've created the playlist like that..no '\' at the beginning and placed the file in the root of the SD card.
the weird thing is that the playlist appears under folders as a regular folder with all the files in the playlist in order.
but there's nothing under playlists. it says "no playlist files found".

am I the only one?

It's silly, but it's at least known to be the standard behavior: 
Update 2014-11-13
I'll copy the info about creating playlists from elsewhere:
Basically there are a few things you need to know about playlists:
1. M3U playlists stored on the SD cards are accessed via Browse Files, not Browse by Category->Playlists.

It would obviously be preferable to have them appear in the actual playlists section but... eh perhaps their implementation is such a kluge that isn't possible :p

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #161 of 921
its nothing i can't live with. better than nothing.

i wonder why they keep releasing Beta's and not a normal firmware. all these small bugs would have been fixed in a week if were open sourced.

if i could add to wish list,
1. when exiting playing screen all the way up to main menu. then, when hitting the 'back' button again to go back to playing screen.. it should go up the menus again and not return automatically to the main menu.
2. even better would be to be able to browse according to now playing artist/album. i mean if u're playing all songs. then u get to a song and want keep listening to more of that same artist or album.

Nov 24, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #162 of 921
Noticed a problem last night with 3.24b.
In album-wise navigation mode, while playing one track which is nearing its end, if I go back to the album menu, select a different album and switch to another track possibly at the moment the previous ends, the next track from the album of the previous track starts playing but the details (tags) of the new track that I just tried to play are shown.

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #163 of 921
  if i could add to wish list,
1. when exiting playing screen all the way up to main menu. then, when hitting the 'back' button again to go back to playing screen.. it should go up the menus again and not return automatically to the main menu.

seems this issue just got fixed in the newest X5 FW (2.34 Beta), we just have to wait for it being ported to the X3...
regular_smile .gif

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #164 of 921
i wish the eq not degrade so much volume ... it makes it not effective as it should .. now it is just a slight change in sound sig.
and also it is about +\- 6 ..i can understand if the notch on the slider moves 6 moves up and down or even 3 (2db per step )
it will be much reasonable that way instead of that much of ineffective steps.

also if there be a short cut to the eq presets or (eq : on-off) in the quick menu 

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #165 of 921
Thanks maniac2003,I'm at 100% after charging from computer on USB.
I was also wondering if any one else notice that the EQ didn't work on 92k,192k and DSD files with
beta 3.24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back