Official X1 stable firmware discussion thread--version 2.0: Added library search function, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Mar 9, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #121 of 195
I ran across some songs the other day that had a "Gapless playback info" section in the tag. I know players like iTunes use things like that. If that section were to be messed up somehow, that could make your songs not work correctly. Of course that is only if the X1 even looks for that in a tag.

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #122 of 195
I apologize for the very delayed response. :) 

@ForSerious - I believe you are correct. I realized that with some albums, especially with flac files, gapless playback works seamlessly. And since this observation is consistent with a lot of users, majority of the problems encountered may be with the files themselves, not the player's ability to do gapless playback. Thanks for your input!

@FiiO-Shadow - Thanks for testing! And if you're still encountering issues even without the silence gaps as mentioned by ForSerious, then maybe a firmware update will help rectify this issue once and for all. Again, thanks for listening to the community and have a great day ahead!

May 1, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #124 of 195
Is it possible to mark several files and delete them together?? I want to delete many files without the PC and this is very slow if i have to delete every file manually...

May 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #125 of 195
Hello,

I have a little problem with my Fiio X1 player. During the listening I notice that the part of a different song (2-3 seconds) is added to the song I played, I checked that corrupted song again but the problem still appears. The original file with this song is clear, it doesn't have this part on it, but after I copy this corrupted song from Fiio to my computer the problem exist even when I'm listening this song on my computer. I'm using Fiio interface to copy files on a memory card (Good Ram 32GB class 10) and it's just looks like some other parts of the songs is recording to other MP3 files during the copy.

I've made factory reset of a device and format memory card but the problem still appears, I've tried to used a different memory card (Kingston 64GB class 10) but problem exist even on it and makes more frustrated.

Please help me to find a solution with this problem or tell my do I need to make a complaint of the device on warranty. I'll be grateful for every help I received.

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #127 of 195
mp3 file before copying to fiio x1 is without error ! Yes, you can hear another song about 1-2 seconds ...
I'm sorry, but the error is copied to Fiio x1 , and not before ... the error is fixed and is already in the mp3 file permanently , even after copying to another drive ... what is it? Fiio damaged ?

Jun 6, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #130 of 195
@FiiO-Shadow - I'd like to bring this to your attention as well - If the battery starts getting low, the low battery prompt pops-up continuously on-screen. This is a good indication for charging but I noticed that once this pops-up, I still get a good hour or two before the unit turns off automatically so it pops-up quite early. Personally, I don't really need this pop-up since it blocks the rest of the screen and you need to press Back to get back to your music. The small battery indicator on-screen is enough for me as it is not as invasive in terms of user experience. If possible, maybe you could simply make the LED indicator blink (like with your E11k amps) if the battery goes very low, and remove the pop-ups (for future firmware)? Just my suggestion. Thanks again for listening to the community!

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #133 of 195
I just noticed that the first post in this thread was updated to announce firmware update 2.0 for the X1!

Perhaps the title of this topic should be updated to "Official X1 stable firmware discussion thread--version 2.0"... 
bigsmile_face.gif

BTW, some *bad news*: the X1 firmware will not be updated anymore... 
Note: If there is no major bug that might influence the function of X1, this FW2.0 will be the last update and there will be no further firmware for X1 afterwards.

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #134 of 195
Can someone help me in porting TCD1975's X1 theme for the 2.0 firmware?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/756613/unified-x1-3-5-7-theming-thread-video-image-library#post_11360003

It's the one for X1 and looks like a carbon fiber theme.

Please and thank you!

Jun 12, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #135 of 195
I will give this new firmware a go today. It is a bit disappointing that it will be the last update as I was really hanging out for a bookmarking feature, maybe that is beyond your capabilities to achieve on this unit. Many thanks for all your work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back