Official X1 stable firmware discussion thread--version 2.0: Added library search function, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Jan 22, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #106 of 195
Hi. I've had my X1 for about a year and its been great. Until recently. With the upgrade to firmware 1.5 and 1.6, I started to notice that my X1 was slowing down when I used the Genre function and selected Rock. The X1 hangs up for a few minutes when I select the rock genre, and sometimes the screen or functions hang up when I am have it set to play random songs regardless of genre. Once it starts, it plays fine. It does not hang up when I am playing in in folder mode. This started with firmware 1.5 and continues with 1.6. I suspect it has something to do with the end of the 5800 song limit, but am not sure. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with the player?

My X1 has about 6,000 songs in a hundred or so subdirectories organized by genre: Sort of like this (with examples for each):
Genre (Rock)
   Artist Name (Springsteen)
     Album Title  (Born to Run)
         Songs (the songs on Born to Run)
I have about 4500 Rock songs under the Rock subdirectory; 1000 songs in Jazz subdirectory and about 500 songs in the Classical subdirectory. I use Windows Media Player to burn vinyl and CDs to uncompressed MP3 format, and I have album art also stored on my X1. I have a Sandisk 128 gig micro SD card that and all that music is taking up about 60 gig of the card.  I burn to MP3 because my car radio will recognize the files when I plug in the X1 using the serial port.

Thanks,
Doug
DHAllis@hotmail.com

Favorites0 Agree(0) against(0)

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #109 of 195
Any chance of reading and applying replaygain? Would be a great feature

Hi, James McGregor.
We plan to add the new function ReplayGain on the X1. So pls wait for the new firmware. 
wink_face.gif

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 27, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #112 of 195
That's great news! Any hints when we can expect a new firmware?

Hi, besides the Replaygain function, we may add other functions to X1, such as Fade in/Fade out, songs search(same as the one on the X5II), batch added songs to the certain internal playlist and so on.
According to our project schedule, we may release the firmware for the X5II first. So pls wait for the X1's firmware patiently. :)

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #113 of 195
Hi, Dadeo7464.

Before upgrading to FW1.5 or FW1.6, how many songs are under the Rock subdirectory? 
If you go access to Artist or Album when running FW1.5/FW1.6, the X1 will also hang up for "a few minutes" ? Or this issue just happened on Genre (Rock)?

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #114 of 195
  Hi, Dadeo7464.

Before upgrading to FW1.5 or FW1.6, how many songs are under the Rock subdirectory? 
If you go access to Artist or Album when running FW1.5/FW1.6, the X1 will also hang up for "a few minutes" ? Or this issue just happened on Genre (Rock)?

I have about 4500 songs in the Rock sub-directory both before (and after) the upgrade. 

No, it is not hanging up when I select Category, Artist or Album.  It only appears to happen when I choose Category, Genre, Rock. I just tried it. 

Thanks

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #115 of 195

Hi, James McGregor.
We plan to add the new function ReplayGain on the X1. So pls wait for the new firmware. 
wink_face.gif

hi!

thank you very much for this, can't wait for the new firmware :)
if possible, please make it selectable, whether the X1 uses track replaygain info or album replaygain info.

-andy-

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #116 of 195

Hi, besides the Replaygain function, we may add other functions to X1, such as Fade in/Fade out, songs search(same as the one on the X5II), batch added songs to the certain internal playlist and so on.
According to our project schedule, we may release the firmware for the X5II first. So pls wait for the X1's firmware patiently. :)

Please add crossfeed to your players that is adjustable, and is capable of being disabled(for those who don't want to use it). 

Please enlarge the maximum standby time on the X1 to half an hour. The 8 minute maximum is extremely annoying. Several times yesterday when I took a break from listening I needed to reboot the player. Very annoying!

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #117 of 195
I hadn't used my x1 for over a month. It was on firmware 1.22 beta and was suffering a really unresponsive scroll wheel problem. This morning I took the fiio for a 15min walk and remember the great sound and the wheel problem seemed to be worse than in december. When I arrived to work I began to look for solutions and found two options: to use electrical contact cleaner to clean the wheel mechanism and/or to upgrade the firmware. I just upgraded to FW 1.6 and the wheel problem is gone 90%; now I can easily navigate lists and menus, which was almost imposible.
Sound quality seems to be better than 1.22 in my opinion, i only have my iems at the moment.

Feb 29, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #118 of 195
Hi Joe,

Sorry, I have no time to read the entire thread. Maybe some of these questions were already answered but I have the following issues with firmware 1.6. I purchased my X1 just recently, a few days ago:

1. Gapless playback is not working. I tried:
     - Playing tracks within a folder in normal sequence
     - Playing tracks within an Album in normal sequence
     - Creating a sample Playlist
     - Downgrading to 1.5
     - Factory reset then set gapless ON - did not solve this issue
     - Downgrading to 1.0 but it says "version is too old"
     *I really enjoy 1.6 since it's very responsive, especially the scroll wheel as mentioned here. But I really want to have gapless playback. Not sure if it has to do with the files I'm playing (mostly 320kbps MP3s).

2. Title only showing in Now Playing - I saw that this is a normal limitation based on Fiio forums - http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40237 (Consider this solved)

If you can provide recommendations about how to have gapless playback with MP3s, please let me know.

Thanks!

Mar 2, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #119 of 195
So far, most complaints about the gapless playback not working have only been made by people using mp3 and sometimes FLAC. My guess is that if you were to open your songs that the gapless playback doesn't seem to work on, in a wave editor, you would find that silence has been added to the tracks. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case because I've seen mp3 that have had the volume turn up so much that they were twice as clipped as the CD version.
If not, please say so on here. I've only ever used wma pro and FLAC on my X1 and have never had a problem.

Mar 3, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #120 of 195
  Hi Joe,

Sorry, I have no time to read the entire thread. Maybe some of these questions were already answered but I have the following issues with firmware 1.6. I purchased my X1 just recently, a few days ago:

1. Gapless playback is not working. I tried:
     - Playing tracks within a folder in normal sequence
     - Playing tracks within an Album in normal sequence
     - Creating a sample Playlist
     - Downgrading to 1.5
     - Factory reset then set gapless ON - did not solve this issue
     - Downgrading to 1.0 but it says "version is too old"
     *I really enjoy 1.6 since it's very responsive, especially the scroll wheel as mentioned here. But I really want to have gapless playback. Not sure if it has to do with the files I'm playing (mostly 320kbps MP3s).

2. Title only showing in Now Playing - I saw that this is a normal limitation based on Fiio forums - http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40237 (Consider this solved)

If you can provide recommendations about how to have gapless playback with MP3s, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi, audiophilefan.
Thanks for your sharing the test result about the Gapless playback issue with us. 

Actually, we also tested some MP3 files provided by users, and yes, the Gapless playback function is out of work.  We will try to fix it by the firmware update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back