Official X1 stable firmware discussion thread--version 2.0: Added library search function, Recently Played playlist, ReplayGain
Nov 25, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #46 of 195
Kudos! The scroll wheel is now perfect! Good job Fiio!

Now just change the prev/next button to act as page down/up for faster navigation in the lists and I will consider the X1 perfect! :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #47 of 195

Thanks for your response. I tested some more. The feature works fine if I go to the main menu and leave the player idling there. The feature doesn't work if I pause a track and leave the player idle at that screen... I'll try formatting my SD card to see if that may help...

EDIT: Just to clarify, if I pause a track, go to the main menu, and leave the player idling there, the feature works fine, but if I leave the player idling at the pause screen for the track, the feature fails to work. My SD Card is about 3/4 full and is this one. The tracks playing were a 56 kbps MP3 file and some other higher bitrate MP3 files (128+ kbps)... Backing up my SD card contents now and will try reformatting it... And formatting my SD card didn't do anything. Actually, I tried waiting for the X1 to turn off and now in hasn't happened after more than 5 attempts, even when I leave it at the main menu... I tried 1 min and 2 min settings with no luck. Is it possible that this is just my unit that is misbehaving? If so, what could be the problem? I mean, the feature works flawlessly on my unit with firmware 1.4.

Hi, Pianist. 
Sorry for my late reply. We will test the FW1.6 again by following your operation. Any test result, we will let you know ASAP.
You ever mentioned the FW1.4, so it means that when you downgrade the X1 from FW1.6 to the firmware FW1.4 (or FW1.5) again, this feature still can work normally?

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #48 of 195
  Hi, Pianist. 
Sorry for my late reply. We will test the FW1.6 again by following your operation. Any test result, we will let you know ASAP.
You ever mentioned the FW1.4, so it means that when you downgrade the X1 from FW1.6 to the firmware FW1.4 (or FW1.5) again, this feature still can work normally?

the issue i have right now with the new firmware from 1.5 to 1.6 backing out of tracks take alot longer now :frowning2:

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #49 of 195
Hi ! I don't speak english but I hope do it well :S

Yesterday, I buy the Fiio X1 in a shop of sound of Spain, and I'm in love of this music player <3
But... I think the Fiio X1 can do better with "RockBox". 
Guys, what do you think about this ?

Sorry, I hope I have not done wrong.

Thanks, Gracias ! :)

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #50 of 195
  I will install tonight as well.

I liked the removal of the 5800 limit, as well as the improved behavior of the back button.

To be honest, I still would like to see in the future:

1) Use back/prev buttons to scroll "pages" in any list (coarse grain navigation, multiple items at a time) and keep the scroll wheel as is (for fine grain navigation)

2) Make the volume buttons always work as volume buttons. Please remove that stupid behavior of changing tracks with the volume buttons. There is already the next/prev buttons for this purpose.

Thank you and please continue improving the firmware. X1 is a great player that just needs some small firmware tweaks to become an excellent player!

Re: 2) changing tracks with the volume buttons is useful when the player is in lockdown and in your pocket say, and especially when also wrapped in a case - allows both volume control with discrete presses and track changes with long presses without opening the case or coming out of lockdown. I use these features alot when, say, travelling.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #51 of 195
  Hi, Pianist. 

Hi

There have been a couple of times that I left my X1, and when i return several minutes later, it's tuned on... I'm not exactly sure when it happens, but maybe it could be a similar problem with the idle poweroff feature. I will pay attention and keep you informed.

Thanks

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #52 of 195
  Re: 2) changing tracks with the volume buttons is useful when the player is in lockdown and in your pocket say, and especially when also wrapped in a case - allows both volume control with discrete presses and track changes with long presses without opening the case or coming out of lockdown. I use these features alot when, say, travelling.

Right. I mean that these buttons should be used as Page Down/Up *only* when unlocked and navigating on lists (files, songs, artists,...).

In all other situations (locked screen, playing screen) they should remaing working as next/prev track.

Basically it is how Sony implemented this in the Walkman... :wink:

Nov 27, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #53 of 195
  I have an issue with firmware 1.5 and 1.6 on the X1 - "Idle poweroff" feature is not working properly. It worked perfectly with firmware 1.4. I tried setting it to different values and it rarely works. The player turned off automatically once the first time I listened to it with 1.6 installed, so I thought 1.6 fixed the issue, but alas, when I turned the player on next time, the feature stopped working again. I did try resetting the player with firmware 1.5, but it didn't help. I will try reset with 1.6 now - doubt it will help, but will report back if it does... No, resetting the player did not help... Please look into this problem. Thanks in advance!

I have the similar issue. I refresh my x1 to fw1.6 version and it works great now. You could try to refresh it.

Nov 28, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #54 of 195
  I have the similar issue. I refresh my x1 to fw1.6 version and it works great now. You could try to refresh it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue for me.

Also, I found that the player turns off fine when pausing some tracks, but doesn't when pausing other tracks... It doesn't seem to depend on bitrate, because some 56 kbps files worked and other 56 kbps files did not... But it must depend on something - just need to figure out what it is about some files that prevents the player from shutting itself down...

Nov 28, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #55 of 195
I switch back and forth between line out and headphone very often (I listen at home and in my car... a LOT). Currently, switching is kind of a pain. Having to go to the settings menu and scroll down to output to switch is a few more steps than I'd like, considering how often I switch. 

I'm aware that this is the very definition of a first-world problem, but I'd like an easy and quick way to switch back and forth without having to navigate through the menus. 

Otherwise, I LOVE my X1. It's my first high-end DAP (I've had iPods and one old Walkman in the past) and it's absolutely phenomenal.

Anyway, just something I thought I'd put out there as a wish list-type thing for 1.7 or maybe even 2.0. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #56 of 195
When it pops up the warning about playing through the lineout, if you hit the back button you can switch right away to headphones. However you have to go all the way to the menu every time for the lineout option.
I don't like that the menu was changed the way it is now for this same reason, but I can live with it for now.

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #57 of 195

Code:
 Hello! A loud "crackles" in some .mp3 (1 second) - correction of errors weak x1 . Other MP4 players ( Sony , IRIVER ) have better error correction in .mp3 . Why? I can send samples mp3

Dec 11, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #59 of 195
Hello.
I would like you to considerate two improvements:
1) Could it be possible to configure the sleep timer for keeping the timer on always you power up the X1? I mean, being able to choose beetween setting up the timer for just this time or for                 everytime you power up the X1.
2) Creating a number of markers for storing the position of several reproductions. This is good when you listen to podcasts, specially when they're long and you have to interrupt the listening. My Creative Zen had it and it was great and very useful.
Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back