Official "what song/cd/album/etc.. will you listen to first with your new HD800's?"
Jan 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

madmax7

500+ Head-Fier
So for all of you with sore wallets, what music do you plan on piping through your new babies first?
tongue_smile.gif

I have the new Genesis re-issue box sets(just got the Gabriel years)with an amazing 24/96 DVDA remaster that sounds tasty.....

Jan 22, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 15
Metallica - One

Machine Head - Halo

Amon Amarth - Twilight of the thunder god

Van Halen - Hot for teacher

NIN - March of the pigs

If those sounds better then I've ever heard them, they'll be keepers

Jan 23, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 15
I'll keep the Stax, thank you.

$1400 and hand-built in Germany - they must be the Maybach of headphones.

Jan 23, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 15
Cause we needed an "official" thread for this subject...

Jan 23, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #8 of 15
Peter Gabriel does sound like a good choice. Maybe I'll try the live Lamb Lies Down on Broadway full concert recent release from the Forum in the early 70s. Gabriel's voice on that is increadable.

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #11 of 15
My gosh, will it never end? This HD800 thing is reminding me of all of the HF-1 threads. I created an HF-1 index thread at one point but then gave up after there were (no lie) more than 100 HF-1 threads of every imaginable variety.

If you don't believe me, here it is: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/hf-...thread-135168/ (Sorry folks, it really stinks, but this was all pre-crash so most of the links don't work anymore. In many cases, I was playing around with the descriptions in the links, but I can assure you (when the links were working) that all of the threads linked in the index thread were true blue HF-1 threads).

By the time I gave up tracking the HF-1 threads (it was a lot of work), they had begun to die down considerably. I'm sure there have been a couple dozen more, but I can't be bothered to update that thread.

My guess is that we won't have quite as many HD800 threads because the price point is $1,400 rather than $200 so there won't be nearly as many HD800 owners out there to spawn new threads.

In any case, I'm not picking on this thread in particular, but do see some strong analogies to what was happening way back then.

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #12 of 15
Oh, I don't know if I can ever afford them, but since I do not yet own any headphones at all, the HD800's could be my first. If I ever did spring for them, I would not put them on my head until I burned them in for a couple hundred hours and then after that it would be, Mozart's - Requiem. Perhaps after, if you don't hear back from me, maybe someone here will write a requiem for my funeral. Any takers?

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha, I was thinking the same.

Wow, ease up a little people. I used "official" as a running joke.. The thread was started in reality to get some ideas on what people use as source material on new phones. Maybe a mod can delete it so all the uptight people can carry on with their lives. Lighten up.

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Peter Gabriel does sound like a good choice. Maybe I'll try the live Lamb Lies Down on Broadway full concert recent release from the Forum in the early 70s. Gabriel's voice on that is increadable.

Nice choice! That is a great show. DX1000's love the bass pedals on that
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back